Where Are You From?

Options

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I live in the Rochester, NY area. There is a large and active running community here, and a variety of terrain and scenery for running within short driving distances. Plus, we get four seasons. This winter is supposed to be mild, but the last 2 winters were worth some serious bragging rights for running outdoors.
  • fizziofinn
    fizziofinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live in the West of Ireland.
  • mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    North East part of San Diego, CA.
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Egypt , Alex
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. Originally hail from Southern CA.
  • Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Melbourne, Australia
  • thirteenrockstar
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »
    I'm in Spokane, Wa, & am in need of a running partner(s) as I can't stand street running. I love trails but don't feel safe doing it alone. I've asked everyone I know to be my accountability partner & go on trail runs, but nobody seems as determined (or insane) enough to make it happen. I'm now considering adopting a large, scary dog, and investing in some pepper spray. Still, last year, a woman was attacked & killed walking alone with her large dog across the river from where I lived...

Awesome. I'm in Spokane too.
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am located on Long Island, NY!
  • edptanner
    edptanner Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. The great thing about that is most of the half marathons & marathons are mostly down hill because they start them up in the mountains & we get to run the roads or trails down through the beautiful canyons.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm from Adelaide in Australia
  • titianknitter
    titianknitter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Austin, Texas. I've been meaning to go for a once-a-week, mid-week trail run ever since I lost my job back in September, but never seem to get around to it. I would love to hook up with someone who would also want to do some trail runs! We have some nice regional trails and it's not like I don't have the time. I tend to run 11 min miles, and when it's cool enough I like to bring my dog.

Hi @TracyeS4! Give a shout if you feel like meeting up on Ladybird Lake trail, the Veloway or somesuch. I'm in Central Austin.
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Melbourne, Australia
  • deepthi87d
    deepthi87d Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fremont,California
  • runningcoachjim
    runningcoachjim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm from Westby WI, about 40 minutes east of the Mississippi River in southwest Wisconsin. I try to run 5 days out of 7.
  • kevin_bvbfan
    kevin_bvbfan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Albuquerque, NM here
  • aheartofglass
    aheartofglass Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Reno, NV
  • sineadc94
    sineadc94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm from Whangaparaoa, New Zealand! It's part of Auckland which is our main city but just a bit further north with more beaches.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @sineadc94 One of the things I remember from my stay in NZ is the Tongue Twisting Maori Community Names. Not as challenging as the Gaelic Names in Wales.
  • runner4life08
    runner4life08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cottage Grove, MN
  • bluelove2004
    bluelove2004 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Manning, SC