Jentacular Juramentum July (IF Challenge) Check-In!

Options
glossbones
glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
The concept here is that you switch things up on your body, hopefully increasing its fat-burning efficiency, by "fasting" (in this case, taking in no protein or carbs) for a certain period of the day, and consuming your calories (by which I mean your fat/protein/carb balance) during a more brief window of time.

What Intermittent Fasting is NOT:
Intermittent Fasting is NOT caloric restriction. You will consume all your nutritional fuel during the period of feeding, and try not to interrupt what your body is doing during periods of fasting.

The Challenge for July:
Jentacular (Breakfast) Juramentum (Oath) July because FIT_Goat needed alliteration. o:)
So, one fasting schedule isn't going to work with everyone's lives, nor am I going to dictate how much you should eat of your macronutrients during your feeding period. You may have schedule, medical, or other conflicts which insist you customize this to yourself.

Instead, it will be similar to Just One June, in that YOU determine your IF challenge before we get started, and then report in (there's your accountability) each week to say how it's going. If you want to drink only water during your fasting hours, that's up to you. If you are going to use BPC as a non-insulin-triggering springboard to get you through the fasting, also up to you.

The one thing I'd caution is that you RESEARCH fasting benefits, risks, methods, and effects BEFORE you decide to join. Here are some (not all of the) links for some additional information and maybe to bring up some points you want to explore more:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/new-study-low-carb-diet-intermittent-fasting-beneficial-diabetics
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DittoDan/view/blog-7-water-fasting-and-keto-697913
https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/
http://jamesclear.com/intermittent-fasting-lessons-learned
http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2013/01/18/intermittent-fasting-approach.aspx
http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/05/04/fasting-effects-on-human-growth-hormone.aspx
http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/2014/03/what-the-science-says-about-intermittent-fasting.html
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10115400/intermittent-fasting
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196977/tell-me-about-fasting-if
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10189227/eggfast-fatfast#latest

Now, the important thing about seeing how this works for you is that you really give it a go for the whole month. If you skip your scheduled fasts or interrupt them with a meal, you can't really say that the outcome has anything to do with the method. I know it's going to be hard. That's why it's called a challenge.

YOU will decide
Your schedule: How long will you fast, in a 24 hour period? Which period of the day will you refrain from eating?
Frequency: Will you do this daily, or will you take something like a 5:2 approach?
If you'll take supplements, or other "non-caloric" items?
If your fast is water-only, BPC/water-only, fat fast, egg fast, etc.

When you eat in the feeding periods between fasts (assuming you have feeding periods in your schedule), you will eat according to your personal macros and caloric restriction, as you have been up to this point. You probably don't want to change too many things at once or the results of this month will be useless. You may weigh or measure as often as you want to, every day if you like, but DO NOT CHANGE your method every week because you don't think it's working. If your nutritional intake doesn't change, you should not have any issues other than those described in the articles you read before you design your personal IF schedule. Outside of your fasting period, listen to your hunger cues, and try not to gorge.

For example, I might choose to fast between 8 PM and Noon every day (That's 16 Fasting / 8 Feeding hours per day). I would eat dinner and keep myself occupied until bedtime. Sleeping blissfully knocks out a few hours where I don't even realize I'm fasting. Then I wake, have a BPC coffee (coconut oil/HWC/butter) and pack my normal-sized lunch to go to work. Some time after noon I go eat my lunch, maybe bring some bone broth, pickles, Vitamin Water Zero, or bouillon cubes to make sure I get all my electrolytes). Maybe I bring a snack for the mid-afternoon just to be prepared for the first few days to see if I need it. Then I get home from work, eat a standard dinner, and the cycle continues. In this example, the challenge will be meeting all my targets for my macronutrients since I am only really eating two of my standard three meals. This may mean I eat something higher in protein for lunch or dinner to stay on target. BPC would make sure I'm not lacking for fat. So it's not much more than making sure I add some shrimp or chicken to the menu.

This is of course, just one way to do it. Based on your research (you did your research, didn't you?), you'll pick a schedule that's right for you.

--

To check in, comment with the following:

Your current weight (or clothing size, or whatever you use if you don't weigh):
Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this
Do you take supplements?:
Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?:
How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only?
What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it
Any previous experience with fasting:
Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: (This should not be all that different from how you eat before starting. Remember: we aren't restricting calories here)
Any other comments you'd like to make:

Replies

• glossbones
    Options
    Your current weight: 148
    Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 16/8 (8PM - Noon), 7 days per week
    Do you take supplements?: I do. Biotin, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, D3, Vitamin E
    Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: I will do two intensive strength training days per week, with yoga and the occasional short bursts of elliptical the rest of the week. I will probably be hungrier on elliptical days but I don't expect a great impact because I don't focus on cardio.
    How you'll fast: Water, herbal tea, and BPC only during the 16 hours of fasting. Really just tea and water in the morning after my BPC and before my lunch. I try not to drink water after 8 pm anyway.
    What you hope to achieve by participating: Hoping to snap my body back to attention. I'm consistently heading downward on the scale but I'd like to hustle things a bit. Also hoping to regulate my hunger. I've been snacky lately.
    Any previous experience with fasting: I've used BPC as a breakfast replacement a few times. I tend to be a little ornery those days, so I'm making sure this time that I get my electrolytes in. Hoping that making it a pattern will aid in evening out things. I've gone a full 24 hours without eating while LCHF (not on purpose) and was amazed at how it wasn't actually a huge deal.
    Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: Hard cap at 20 total grams of carbs. Aiming for 75 - 100 g of protein per day. Fat to satiety (usually I see weight loss after 200g fat days). I have my calories set to 1394 but I regularly ignore them.
    Any other comments you'd like to make: Hope everyone enjoys this experience! It's amazing what our bodies can do on low fuel when we aren't spiking our insulin response the rest of the day!

• LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great idea. I've been thinking for a while that lchf should work really well with IF. I dropped out of just one june pretty early on but I reckon I could do this!

Your current weight : 79.4kg
    Your Fast/Feed Schedule:: 16/8 (8pm-noon), mon-fri
    Do you take supplements?: I take berocca (multivitamin + minerals) daily and supplement with zero carb electrolyte drinks on days when I exercise a lot
    Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: Yes - 2 days weight training per week, and at least two sessions per week each of running/swimming/cycling/karate, varying intensity. I am used to training hungry so I don't expect there to be too much effect on my training intensity
    How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only?: Water and black coffee only for fasting periods
    What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it: I'm still quite new to LCHF (only 2 months in) so I'm experimenting with different ways to apply the diet. Hopefully I will settle on a WOE which works for me without having a negative effect on my sports.
    Any previous experience with fasting: I have dabbled with 5:2 when I have been following a more conventional diet. I was happy with tthe weight loss resuults but I didn't find it a sustainable WOE as the fast days were too restrictive. Breakfast for me is currently usually only a cup of coffee with cream, with or without a light snack of cheese or eggs. I don't expect this to be too much of a push beyond the way I normally eat.
    Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: Max 21g carbs, aiming for 100g protein per day with fat around 130-150g. I increase protein and fat proportionally on intense exercise days
    Any other comments you'd like to make: I can't wait to see how my body responds to this. I am generally much less hungry on LCHF so I hope the fasting periods will be much easier to cope with than before. I expect my biggest obstacle will be the bedtime snack!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Your current weight (or clothing size, or whatever you use if you don't weigh): 152 lbs tight US size 6

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this: 16:8, 5 days a week. I will eat between the hours of 12 (noon) and 8 pm

Do you take supplements?: magnesium 400mg daily

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: Yes I will continue my very basic beginner strength training program

How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only?: Water/BPC only

What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it: I'm not even sure, I'm just curious to see how my body responds to it. I'd love to lose the extra layer of fat off my abdomen, it's much reduced and nearly flat however still apparent

Any previous experience with fasting: none

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: (This should not be all that different from how you eat before starting. Remember: we aren't restricting calories here): <50g carbs, at least 85g protein, at least 120g fat

Any other comments you'd like to make: Kinda jumping in blind on this, I haven't done tons of research so far, I'm hoping to learn a lot during this process. Tuesdays will be my most difficult days because I work till 7 pm, so I will have to eat right away when I get home.
  • DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Your current weight: 198 (just returned to onderland 2 weeks ago!)
    Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this: One fast per week. This will be a ~35 hour fast. No snacks after 8pm the day before the fast. BPC the morning of the fast, and no eating the rest of the day. Eat breakfast the following day.
    Do you take supplements? Multi-vitamin & fish oil
    Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: I do not plan to change my exercise - about 200 minutes of brisk walking per week.
    How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only? Morning BPC, followed by water, tea & broth.
    What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it: My weight loss has been about 4 lbs/month. I hope to lose more this coming month.
    Any previous experience with fasting: Some fasting for religious reasons, but that was without water, which is very difficult. My first fasting for weight loss was last week, and it was a positive experience.
    Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: No change in macros on non-fast days - roughly 80-110 grams of total carbs/day. I absolutely am restricting calories on fast days!
    Any other comments you'd like to make: Excited to have one more tool up my sleeve to help with weight loss, and also help improve my insulin resistance.
  • cdpits
    cdpits Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your current weight : 247

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 6AM to 2PM 7 days a week. Eating between 2 and 6PM

Do you take supplements?:Yes, Multi Vit and 400mg Magnessium

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?:Walking and swimming, I walk a lot already and don't see it impacting an IF. The swimming is something new so I will be wining that one LOL!

How you'll fast: Water, black coffee, BPC every second day

What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it: I hope to keep the scale trend going the way it is, weekly weigh ins to measure, also see if it helps with my insomnia.

Any previous experience with fasting: No

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: Calories I try to keep around 1400 give or take depending on how active I am, Fat 117gm, protein 70, and carbs 20 or less.

Any other comments you'd like to make: Looking forward to seeing how my body/mind reacts to this new experience! Good luck everyone!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I went and added this as an event to the sidebar. To draw more attention to it.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Your current weight (or clothing size, or whatever you use if you don't weigh):
    221.6 lbs.
    Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this:
    40-48 hours once a week
    Do you take supplements?:
    Multivitamin, D3, Omega 3, Potassium, Mag/Cal/Zinc, and Cinnamon with Chromium
    Do you plan to exercise?
    No, not really, it's too hot here.
    How you'll fast:
    On the first morning (10 hours in) I allow BPC, then survive on water, iced tea, pickle juice, and broth until the end. (I usually break a fast with a salad and a meat)
    What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it:
    I want to break 220 and my July goal is 217. I also want to see my morning BG drop below 120. Anything more would be gravy!
    I have done IF weekly since I learned about it in April. Sometimes just 18/6, sometimes 24 on/off, but lately I have extended it to multiple days. Until my doc allows me to lower my meds, however, I shouldn't go past 48 hour.
    Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods:
    Since I don't count anyway, I don't know, but from experience I am less hungry so I eat less.
    I started fasting to reduce my IR, lower my blood sugar, and kick start weight loss. I didn't think I could do it because I could never handle the religious fasts required by my faith (of course I was also eating carbs!) I started with a 12 hour fast, which lasted to 16 hours. I figured if I could do that, I could go longer. It was hard the first time I did a 24, but it got easier each subsequent fast, especially as I developed a rhythm (when I start and stop, what I eat before and after, and what liquids work for me during). And, of course, I am flexible. If someone wants to take me out to dinner during a planned fast, I will accept, break the fast and just start a new one later in the week. (I always allow at least a day in between, most often two) Although I cannot see the internal changes, I am positive they are happening.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Your current weight : 183.2

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 16/8, 7 days a week.

Do you take supplements?: Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin B and Potassium

Do you plan to exercise? No, I am not allowed to at this point.

How you'll fast: Water and BPC only.

What you hope to achieve by participating: I am a newbie, 6 weeks into this WOL. I want to see if this is something that I will want to continue doing. I am hoping to see some benefits from this.

Any previous experience with fasting: None.

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: Carbs are set at 15 grams a day, protein at 60 grams and fat at 100 grams.

Any other comments you'd like to make: I am trying to get into the best shape that I can considering that I am not allowed to exercise. I think this WOL and this challenge may help me with that. I will need my muscles for my recovery. I am excited to do this, but as usual, I have a bit of problem getting my proteins up. I am working on it!
  • abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Your current weight: 170 pounds

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 17/5, at least 6 days a week.

Do you take supplements?: mulch-vitamin, fish oil, magnesium

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: not really.

How you'll fast: water/ tea

What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it. nothing really, just interesting to see if there are any benefits

Any previous experience with fasting: none.

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods:
    5-40g carbs, 60-100g protein, rest fat.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Your current weight : 55,2 kg. But depending on cycle, exercise etc there's 1-2 kg more.

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: I do daily eating window, skipping brekkie and lunch. Start eating around 2-7 pm. For this challenge I'm gonna add 2 semi fasts 5:2 style every week OR one lasting 48 hrs.

Do you take supplements?: Vitamins with minerals, zinc, selenium (brazil nut), chromium, acv, astaxanthin for joints, electrolytes if needed, psyllium fiber husk 3x/day. Pre WO: BCAA, MCT, creatine, electrolytes!

Do you plan to exercise? Yes. I prefer fasted exercise now. But it was hard at start. Adjust gradually into it :)

How you'll fast: Semi fast 5:2 style with a 500 kcal/day intake.

What you hope to achieve by participating:
    I've maintained scale weight since Nov 2014, but recomped. It's SLOOOOW. I know fasting is a plateau buster for me. If scale weights shifts that's cool, but I'll be very happy if I can fit into my skinniest jeans size 25/26.

Any previous experience with fasting: Yes, 5:2 and 16:8 till november 2014. Daily IF eating window since then.

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: Oh, I don't know that. I'm currently on a trying to ween off tracking mode...which means I don't weigh everything. Only weigh calorie dense stuff. Last weeks I've been down at 20g, but I feel better at 50-ish g.

Every hour you don't eat is an hour more giving the body a pause from feeding and room to use STORED fat. But don't obsess over it. YOU might feel you wanna jump into fasting, the body usually likes more gradual adaptation. Focus on your success, not failure. Plan the fasts, reschedule if life happens. Sometimes taking ONE TINY bite of something, can tide you over. Ignore rumbling tummy. Any signs of feeling cold, dizzy, cramping etc ELECTROLYTES, in particular SALT. Take pics and measurements. IME, the scales fluctuate more with fasting. But, visceral fat is less. Take a pic with TOO TIGHT clothes before start.

Personal note: I've have already done fasting this week before saw this thread. I jump in for next week.

Good luck everyone !
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Current weight 178.6 lbs
    Fast/Feed Schedule 23/1 or One meal a day, which will be dinner. I will probably ( and usually) have around 750 calories, give or take 100.
    Supplements Vitamin D and Iron.
    Exercising I'm not sure...I might do 30 minutes on treadmill, every day. I have to see if that will impact my fast. If it makes me unbearably hungry, I might not exercise.
    The method used to fast Just water and diet soda from 7 PM until 7 PM.
    Achievements by participating I just go back and forth a pound and I'm trying to figure out why. I am guessing I eat more than I think at dinner. Hoping that this challenge will keep me a little bit more accountable.
    Previous experience with fasting I do fast for 2 or 3 weeks now. It seems that really did reset my eating habits a little so I'm trying to push it so I might make it to a 48 hours fast.
    My macros for the feeding period Carbs 25 grams, fat 100 grams, Protein 45 grams
    Other comments Is this a challenge I can participate in? It is only for people that never IF before ?
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    (...)

Now, the important thing about seeing how this works for you is that you really give it a go for the whole month. If you skip your scheduled fasts or interrupt them with a meal, you can't really say that the outcome has anything to do with the method. I know it's going to be hard. That's why it's called a challenge.

(...)
    You probably don't want to change too many things at once or the results of this month will be useless. You may weigh or measure as often as you want to, every day if you like, but DO NOT CHANGE your method every week because you don't think it's working. If your nutritional intake doesn't change, you should not have any issues other than those described in the articles you read before you design your personal IF schedule. Outside of your fasting period, listen to your hunger cues, and try not to gorge.
    (...)

First off I'll say thank you for taking the lead here! I agree on trying to stick to chosen method. BUT, I have to say that fasting is much like keto, an aquired taste. It's a delicate balance between resolve, willpower vs. "life happening". To ME the beauty of IF is it's flexibility, that I can tailor it to my schedule. Not bound by one protocol. Just wanted to say that if someone chose a very aggressive plan, it's better to lower the ambitions than giving up altogether on the challenge :)

Edit: Plus it's summer, so having very rigid rules for the challenge might trip up people unnecessary.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    (...)

(...)
    You probably don't want to change too many things at once or the results of this month will be useless. You may weigh or measure as often as you want to, every day if you like, but DO NOT CHANGE your method every week because you don't think it's working. If your nutritional intake doesn't change, you should not have any issues other than those described in the articles you read before you design your personal IF schedule. Outside of your fasting period, listen to your hunger cues, and try not to gorge.
    (...)

First off I'll say thank you for taking the lead here! I agree on trying to stick to chosen method. BUT, I have to say that fasting is much like keto, an aquired taste. It's a delicate balance between resolve, willpower vs. "life happening". To ME the beauty of IF is it's flexibility, that I can tailor it to my schedule. Not bound by one protocol. Just wanted to say that if someone chose a very aggressive plan, it's better to lower the ambitions than giving up altogether on the challenge :)

I think the bolded is great advice for everything we do in life :)
  • Bunny81s
    Bunny81s Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My CW is 189.2. I will be doing the 16:8 fast seven days a week. I am hoping to lost another ten pounds by the end of the month. Have never fasted like this before and do not plan on making any adjustments to my diet. I plan to weight train three days with a light cardio workout and I'll do an intense cardio routine on the other two days.
  • rosendale1
    rosendale1 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your current weight: 160

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 16/8 (8PM - Noon), 7 days per week

Do you take supplements?: Vitamin D

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: I will do my walking, I do 35 minutes a day, everyday.

How you'll fast: Water and coffee only during the 16 hours of fasting.

What you hope to achieve by participating: Hope to keep myself more accountable

Any previous experience with fasting: Not really, only for medical tests, blood work

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: 20 total grams of carbs. Aiming for 100 g of protein per day. Fat till full.

Any other comments you'd like to make: Good Luck all!
  • glossbones
    Options
    My intent was that people who didn't have any experience with fasting would read up on it and choose one that was right for themselves. Not an idealized goal for an advanced IF practitioner. ;) Am I giving folks too much credit? Normally I'd say maybe, but this group seems pretty fantastic about helping each other learn to go easy and be good to our bodies.
  • leahawilson
    leahawilson Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    leahawilson ]Your current weight: 186

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: 17/8 (8PM - 1PM), 5 days per week

Do you take supplements?: Vitamin D, fish oil,multi, vitamin C

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to affect your fasting? I will swim and garden.

How you'll fast: Water and herbal tea only during the 17 hours of fasting.

What you hope to achieve by participating: Hope to start losing a little more for my efforts.

Any previous experience with fasting: Not really, only for medical tests, blood work, tried IF one day last week. Hate to have to "force feed" myself.

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: 33 total grams of carbs. 75g of protein per day. 100g of fat.

Any other comments you'd like to make: Gave up the scale for June. I will get weighed tomorrow morning and start the July challenge at 1 p.m.
  • tcoun
    tcoun Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Your current weight (or clothing size, or whatever you use if you don't weigh): 182 lbs

Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this: 21:3 ,6 days a week

Do you take supplements?: Calcium, multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil, and chromium

Do you plan to exercise? If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: I currently do Insanity Max:30 and I don't expect it to impact the fasting at all.

How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only?
    Water only

What you hope to achieve by participating: Including how you'll measure it: I hope to overcome a weight loss plateau, as well as enjoy the various other health benefits of IF. I'll measure it with a tape measure.

No! Not at all

Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: (This should not be all that different from how you eat before starting. Remember: we aren't restricting calories here)
    20 grams net carbs, 100 grams protein, 100 grams fat

I started IF yesterday, and just heard about this challenge today, so I may as well commit to it!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    OK I'm in
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Your current weight (or clothing size, or whatever you use if you don't weigh): 170.6, Size 10-12 tops, 12-14 bottoms
    Your Fast/Feed Schedule: Include how many days per week you plan to do this: I will eat between 11AM and 7PM only. 16 hours fast: 8 hours fed.
    Do you take supplements?: Yes-omega 3 fish oil, B complex, D3, Potassium Gluconate, Magnesium Citrate, prenatal (multi) vitamin.
    Do you plan to exercise? Yes If so, how do you expect that to impact your fasting?: I am curious to see if my morning workouts improve in terms of my energy level, at the end of a month of this type of IF plan.
    How you'll fast: Water only? Water/BPC only? water, black coffee, unsweetened tea only
    What you hope to achieve by participating: I hope to lose fat and inches. I don't trust my Tanita scale, but I'll keep an eye on what it says my bodyfat percentage is anyway. I'll take waist, below waist, hip, upper arm, thigh and calf measurements once a week during the challenge. I hope to gain energy. I'll rank my energy level in my food diary daily, on a scale of 1 to 10, with descriptors.
    Any previous experience with fasting: only before medical tests
    Your carb/protein/fat targets (in grams) for the feeding periods: (This should not be all that different from how you eat before starting. Remember: we aren't restricting calories here) 70% fat, 20% protein, 10% carbs (roughly 45g carbs, 150g fat, 95g protein)
    Any other comments you'd like to make: As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm going to stick with this as strictly as I can, with the one exception that if it negatively impacts my milk supply, I reserve the right to make adjustments to compensate. I don't think this will happen, though.