Is there a diabetes forum that is also LCHF?

Options
cimarrona27
cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
I love this forum, but sometimes I have T2D oddities. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm a T2 diabetic and there are plenty of others around. Feel free to share your oddities here :smile:

There is a T2 diabetes forum, but its not very active and its not LCHF.
  • yuggybuggy
    yuggybuggy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    take a look at the blood sugar diet site - they have a free forum, and it is geared, thought not exclusive to, diabetics
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I personally ask this forum only my diabetes questions. So many diabetics are misinformed or uneducated about what diabetics should really be eating. So many informed and educated people here and helpful to boot! :)
  • bensnj
    bensnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi....I am a newbie, but I am a type 1 PWD on an insulin pump. I am happy to have found this group and,
    hopefully, will be able to provide some input from my experiences and diabetic education.I am ALWAYS
    learning which is why I joined this group .Thanks for the add :-)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have insulin resistance too. I tend to come here for most of my advice since the Diabetes forum is not LCHF. Lotta smart people around here.

Dr Bernstein, of Dr Bernstei'ns Diabetes Solutions, has a forum. It isn't as active as this one but it is LCHF.
  • bensnj
    bensnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info :-)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Type 2, here! Controlling my BG with keto and doing great - no meds :) We all have oddities. How's it going, @cimarrona27 ?
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I love this forum, but sometimes I have T2D oddities. Any suggestions?

Not on this site, but this forum is very active - and has as strong low-carb contingent. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/

The blood sugar diet forum isn't really intended to be specifically low carb (although many of the participants there keep reciting carb limits). It annoys me, because carbs are a small piece of the blood sugar diet (its premise is very low calorie, with a variety of foods, treating easily digestible carbs as side dishes - rather than main dishes). Since you're looking for low carb, specifically, it might not annoy you.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Type 2, here! Controlling my BG with keto and doing great - no meds :)We all have oddities.

That's an understatement!!
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Type 2, here! Controlling my BG with keto and doing great - no meds :) We all have oddities. How's it going, @cimarrona27 ?

It's going really well! Thank you for asking!

I've been able to stay off of my meds since September doing HFLC, fell off a bit due to illness and laziness, but back and feeling great. Today was a HUGE exception in carb intake- and I'm sure it won't be the last but I don't see it as a failure or a set back. I'm learning and I have to give myself the grace to make a mistake without it slowing me down

I love seeing everyone's journeys and it really inspires me to see other T2D and T1 controlling their disease with keto.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Type 2, here! Controlling my BG with keto and doing great - no meds :)We all have oddities.

That's an understatement!!

Hey! I represent that remark... :p
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Thanks again @baconslave - great resource. <3
  • hazel1505
    hazel1505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new I'm T2. I have had lots of surgery and haven't been able to walkfor the last8 yrs. let alone exercise. So I'm starting below ground level so all I can do is go up from here. I have started the lchf and kinda keto I think... I started myfitnesspal about 3 or 4 days a go. when I walk I get so tired I fall asleep. I have a bad hip and back so it is hard to walk for any amount of time. do y'all have any indeas on what I can do for exercise. also I have a question. I have been watching youtube and everyone that makes smoothies put protein powder in . and they all have Whey on the front of the can. So if I'm lchf I shouldn't be eating wheat. isn't whey wheat? so why would I want to add whey to my smoothie? thanks sorry its so long
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    hazel1505 wrote: »
    I'm new I'm T2. I have had lots of surgery and haven't been able to walkfor the last8 yrs. let alone exercise. So I'm starting below ground level so all I can do is go up from here. I have started the lchf and kinda keto I think... I started myfitnesspal about 3 or 4 days a go. when I walk I get so tired I fall asleep. I have a bad hip and back so it is hard to walk for any amount of time. do y'all have any indeas on what I can do for exercise. also I have a question. I have been watching youtube and everyone that makes smoothies put protein powder in . and they all have Whey on the front of the can. So if I'm lchf I shouldn't be eating wheat. isn't whey wheat? so why would I want to add whey to my smoothie? thanks sorry its so long

Whey is from milk.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    hazel1505 wrote: »
    do y'all have any indeas on what I can do for exercise.

Go to youtube and type in "chair exercises". There are oodles. I had a bum knee a couple of years ago and did youtube chair exercises. If the 1st one you view is too active for you remember you can modify them or find another. You may not be able to do all exercises in a video but that's OK. You can repeat some of the exercises you can do, fast forward through or take a break.
  • hazel1505
    hazel1505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much kpk54 I will check them out