Online list of low carb doctors

Options
cstehansen
cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
I ran across this site and thought others may want it. There is one doc fairly close to me who I think I may go see.

http://lowcarbdoctors.blogspot.com/

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Let us know your impressions if you decide to go?
  • cstehansen
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Let us know your impressions if you decide to go?

absolutely. I get blood drawn tomorrow with the dr appt on the 21st. Results of that will determine if I want to try this other doc out.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen, I have no doubt you'll win.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen - Sincerely, though, that's incredibly exciting!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    @cstehansen - Sounds like a great find! What all sort of tests were ordered? Any thoughts about your BG riddle?

Your account motivates me to expand my search area a bit to try and find a doc on a similar wavelength. I'm sure there are a few within 1000 miles.....
  • cstehansen
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    @cstehansen - Sounds like a great find! What all sort of tests were ordered? Any thoughts about your BG riddle?

Your account motivates me to expand my search area a bit to try and find a doc on a similar wavelength. I'm sure there are a few within 1000 miles.....

I wish I could remember all the tests, but I do know there are many micronutrients as well as c-peptides. I figured when the results were back, I would have it all in writing so I was more focused on remembering those things which I could use the next few weeks.

As for BG riddle, there are a few things to try. First is move back to 3 meals from the IF schedule given I don't have the fat stores to use. He thinks the IF may be leading to gluconeogenesis because my body doesn't have enough fuel. Also, need to adjust diet to reduce protein intake. This is hard because with carbs low and calories as high as I eat, it is hard to not have protein kind of high without just drinking olive oil. I also need to try to increase sleep a bit more. That used to be 5 hrs and is up to a little over 6 but probably still not enough.

The micronutrient aspect is something he says is likely a factor. For instance vitamin D is required in insulin secretion and nearly all diabetics are deficient even if they get plenty of sun as their bodies don't properly process that sunlight to create it.

Again, there were lots of examples I can't remember so just waiting until I have it all in writing in a few weeks.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Not surprised to find no one on the list within 250 miles of the Florida Panhandle. We're not known as "Lower Alabama" for nothing. My husband, who was new to the area when we moved here five years ago, quickly noticed that there are almost as many dialysis clinics around here as there are tattoo parlors, pawn shops and Waffle Houses.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    @mandycat223 - Golden Corral... IHOP... Wouldn't those also play into the keto-doctor density index?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Not surprised to find no one on the list within 250 miles of the Florida Panhandle. We're not known as "Lower Alabama" for nothing. My husband, who was new to the area when we moved here five years ago, quickly noticed that there are almost as many dialysis clinics around here as there are tattoo parlors, pawn shops and Waffle Houses.

Hey you can get a pretty good keto breakfast at waffle house! If with my husband, we split the all-star, I get the bacon and eggs, add an egg. If I go with one or more of the kids, I do bacon or steak and eggs, sub tomato slices for the hash brown's and skip the toast!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Is the list actually searchable somewhere? Am I missing it?
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lots of them in my area, none take my insurance. Well, darn.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Is the list actually searchable somewhere? Am I missing it?

It is on the far left by state. You have to scroll down a bit to see it.
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting the list! I actually found one in my area and if I am ever in need of a doctor I will definitely call her first!
  • RalfLott
    Options