"that time of the month?"

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
Wondering what others experiences have been.
Did you find that keto delayed your cycle?
Gained a good amount of weight before so?
Did this weight all come off once you were done?
along with being grumpy from PMS I am up on the scale... definitely doesn't help the mood haha.
I know in a couple days I will feel better. just wondering what others may have experienced.

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I've found LC has a positive influence on my cycle. I'm more regular and it's not as heavy though number of days hasn't changed. Generally, I have fewer PMS symptoms as well. Less or lighter cramping, less tenderness, less bloating. As for cravings and general crankyness.....those still exist. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Just started my second TOM since starting this WOE. My first one was definitely delayed. Enough where my hubby started getting worried we might be having a later in life pregnancy lol.....This one however came a few days early. Seem to be holding steady on my weight so wondering if I will see a whoosh at the end if there is any water weight.....Cramping has been just as bad as normal for me.....
  • Scochrane86
    Options
    My ovulation pain was very intense this month, so I am hoping that is not the case with my period. but I am 3 days late and other than some weight gain and moodiness lol I don't see it coming soon. I am hoping for a whoosh once its done though!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sticky post under open conversations should have about a half dozen links to conversations of the same topic from recent times...

Me, myself, it pushed the rewind button on my timetable, and it felt like I'd gone back about 10 years more youthful in my cycles, which for me, meant more chaos...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've always had regular cycles.

Keto got rid of the sweets cravings before (I still want more food during, but usually red meat - always have - and that's fine on this woe) as well as the cramps.

I still have a ~5 pound gain during for water retention but it comes right off afterward.

I also gain ~2 pounds the week I ovulate. Hormones are fun!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My ovulation pain was very intense this month, so I am hoping that is not the case with my period. but I am 3 days late and other than some weight gain and moodiness lol I don't see it coming soon. I am hoping for a whoosh once its done though!

I always have noticeable ovulation, but every 3 months or so I have a doozy and it feels like a sword is being driven through whichever ovary is the lucky contestant that month. This isn't due to keto though and hasn't impacted the length or severity of my period.
  • Scochrane86
    Options
    thanks all,
    I normally have some twinges at ovulation time, but this month was painful, I would wake up in pain and only a hot, hot bath would give some relief. I definitely feel bloated... so hopefully she is right around the corner.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Ovulation pain in general can be associated with cysts or other related issues. I'd be sure to as your gynecologist/PCP about this... I know this was an issue I had in the past (PCOS), but I am on a suppression therapy at the moment, so I don't experience ovulation as much now, nor have I had cyst related pain in years...
  • KristinNitsirk
    KristinNitsirk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im on mine now. STARVING. All I wanna eat is rare steaks. Feeling like Bella from Breaking Dawn.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mine is lighter and shorter, which is so awesome
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Around the time I started Keto, I went from 3 to 4 days a month like clockwork to 3 weeks of the month. Did Keto cause it? I can't say conclusively but I suspect it might have. Some research says it could have. Anyway, it didn't stop until last year when I had an ablation and got my tubes tied.

Now, I get very little, but I still get the BS weigh cycle. Pretty much goes -> Same weight for 3 weeks -> lose 1 to 1.5 kg in a couple of days -> spend the rest of the week gaining back half of it -> Same weight for 3 weeks -> etc

I do not struggle with food at any time during my "cycle" but I do carry around a b!tching thundercloud for a day or two a month.
  • Scochrane86
    Options

KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Ovulation pain in general can be associated with cysts or other related issues. I'd be sure to as your gynecologist/PCP about this... I know this was an issue I had in the past (PCOS), but I am on a suppression therapy at the moment, so I don't experience ovulation as much now, nor have I had cyst related pain in years...

no, I am fine in regards to that. it was just since starting keto. I am hoping next month is better. I had endometriosis before I had children and I know everything is ok there now. my period started today, 4 days late so I am assuming it was because of the diet change. just hoping this bloating goes away now.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Scochrane86 - Remember, then, that burning fat releases estrogen, and endometriosis fueled by estrogen, so it could sadly be related to that. I have a friend who suffers terribly with that, even after a full course of Lupron therapy.
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've now been back on keto a month, and this week is shark week! I noticed first that my PMS wasn't as severe. I normally get anxiety quite bad for about 2-3 days the week before I remove my nuvaring. This time it was much more mild. Also, my period began 3 days earlier than normal. I did have one day seem heavier than normal, but the rest has been about the same. Today is day 4 and normally that's all it is, so ... I guess we'll see how things progress. lol
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have found my cycles are lighter when I am appropriate with my keto, but it could also be that I have heavier cycles when I have more body fat. I have more pain during these heavy cycles. (Heavy for me is more than light spotting and at a 25-30 day cycle instead of my usual 30-35 day cycle)
    Remembering to take my magnesium regularly helps incredibly with cramps and cravings. I do still indulge with a small amount of 85% chocolate.
  • Scochrane86
    Options
    period started 4 days late, no more pain than normal and seems to be about the same flow. lets see if it is any shorter!
    Hopefully my ovulation pain was just a one time thing and once my body evens out it will go back to normal.
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My cycles are much more irregular than before. It lasts longer and is heavier than before. I'm blaming my age on some of that as well though. I don't seem to be as moody, but the scale is the first indication that it's getting close... the scale increase does a job on my head. That, for me is the hardest, I think.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Sticky post under open conversations should have about a half dozen links to conversations of the same topic from recent times...

Me, myself, it pushed the rewind button on my timetable, and it felt like I'd gone back about 10 years more youthful in my cycles, which for me, meant more chaos...

Actually, yes, there should be half a dozen, but for some reason I don't have any so this can be the first. :smile: I'll get it on there tomorrow when I'm on a real computer and can c&p a link.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I mentioned my lady time on the March challenge thread. It's the week before lady time actually begins and I have been so quick to trigger my crabbiness. To be perfectly blunt, I've been a huge booch pie. I just started eating low carb on Feb 1st, so I'm assuming it's my body adjusting...because this isn't how I normally get...or at least it's much milder. Luckily I'm single, because I feel like if I had a man, he'd be running for the hills right now fearing for his safety.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm not in keto (well not consciously) though I really try to limit my carbs. I also regulate with the pill, and i don't always stop every 28 days.

This time when I have bothered to have a period I have found its way, way lighter - too light for 'regular' tampons (any suggestions?). Normally I feel a bit nauseous just before and this time I was fine. Its hard to tell what else has changed as I've caught a cold at the same time!