Great keto FAQ interview with Jeff Volek

Options
RalfLott
RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
46 minutes of basic LCHF info clearly and succinctly explained. A lot of it will be familiar to veterans, but it's still well worth watching.

(FYI, at around 46:00, the discussion shifts to the sponsor UCAN's "superstarch."
Around 1:04, the talk turns to keto research now in progress re: diabetes, cancer, and neurology.)

Improving Your Energy on a Low Carb Diet

https://youtu.be/1igOI0GCHHM

@baconslave

Replies

• RalfLott
    Options
    :#
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Gaaaah it's soooooo long....zzzzzzzz! I usually read the accompanying transcript, because I'm a reader, not a watcher....but bump for la slave of le bacon. ;)
  • RalfLott
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Gaaaah it's soooooo long....zzzzzzzz! I usually read the accompanying transcript, because I'm a reader, not a watcher....but bump for la slave of le bacon. ;)

It's, uh, not about bacon. :s
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

All of the sighs aimed right for you. Smh. Focus Ralfie!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options

:joy:
    Gracias! I'll be doing a massive LP video update this weekend I hope, should no more disasters/major-annoyances occur.
    I added this one to the Diabetic thread since it discusses it.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

View it in YouTube, transcript is there under More.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options

View it in YouTube, transcript is there under More.

Why thank you so much! :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Finally listened to this video. Thanks @RalfLott. UCAN is interesting stuff.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great info on sodium needs at 25:50 lasting for a few minutes.
    Explains why you need more sodium on keto and specifically mentions many symptoms including low energy being caused by low sodium and mentions that it's sometimes called low carb flu
  • RalfLott
    Options

Doh! I guess life ain't always a bed o' bacon. :o
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Great info on sodium needs at 25:50 lasting for a few minutes.
    Explains why you need more sodium on keto and specifically mentions many symptoms including low energy being caused by low sodium and mentions that it's sometimes called low carb flu

I'm with you about the label. I don't know any other "flu" you can vanquish in less than an hour.