A+ presentation - Cardiac Risk & Dietary Fat, Carbs, ApoB/A1 + other lipids, Salt, BP & more! )

Options
RalfLott
RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Highly recommended lecture by Prof. Salim Yusuf:

https://youtu.be/C60eEO0Kyfc

Replies

• RalfLott
    Options
    Here's a recent TED Talk.

https://youtu.be/RHiiOa18S_g
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Yusuf's talks. Thanks for this.
  • RalfLott
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @nvmomketo -

Already a fan? He breathes a lot of clarity and optimism into the topic, and for someone in his position, he's refreshingly unabashed in saying the AHA's fat demon ain't wearing any clothes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ugh, fat, nude demon.
    Now you've wrecked a good night's sleep with that word picture @RalfLott!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Ugh, fat, nude demon.

Ulp, sorry! It's the Yanks' little gremlin; the clever Canadian gentleman merely exposed it. Ewwww... That probably didn't help.

Chris Masterjohn's tip - crowd the obnoxious thought out of your head. Think beaches, cocktails, and puppies; play Tetris on your phone with a blue light filter. You'll be asleep in no ti.... zzzzzzzz. :sleeping:
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have shared that first video multiple times now. @baconslave I think this needs to be added to the video section in the launch pad. It could go under cardio, general, sodium...not sure. It has so much great stuff in just 22 minutes.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    *kitten*

(Sorry, @baconslave, you're never far from my mind!)
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Ugh, fat, nude demon.

LOL :D

• RalfLott
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Geez. OK, so maybe he's wearing a thong, butt still.....
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Geez. OK, so maybe he's wearing a thong, butt still.....

Oh man... that's worse! :D
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    That is a high number of new smokers coming online post 2050.

In talking with a 65 year old guy this week he is convinced governments are pleased with premature death rates being high to cut the cost of benefits to seniors.

Of course Kentucky USA is a state with very high tobacco usage and it is amazing the number of people who are not making it to age 70.

Last week a class mate passed at the age of 65. Today a friend passed at 72. Another passed last week at age 82 that has lived a relative stable life but dementia muted his last 3 years greatly. It is hard to find high quality of life beyond 55 (no medical conditions in need of treatment) and often past the age of 40.

In my case I was 63 before I got serious about living to be 110. At 63 my health was crashing fast yet I had never smoked, drank, did street drugs and actually I lived a clean law abiding life. But I had been struggling with arthritis from my teen years and took some damage from Rx meds prior to going off Rx meds in 2004.

While I am looking for continued health improvements like I have experienced the last 2.5 years of LCHF I am not seeing the same when looking at my peers.

At the age of 66 I am positive about my current health trend. However long I live to be I want to be walking and talking the entire way if possible. :)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    HPD
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I have a list of videos. I promise I'll get to them soon. My life is beyond ARGH! right now.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Ping!