Whole30

Options
lisagconlon
lisagconlon Posts: 2 Member
Hi! I'm new to the site/group. I'm doing Whole30 (third time doing it) and was wondering if anyone else is currently doing it? I felt like I needed a reset after eating not as cleanly as I should be for a while. I've been eating mostly paleo for over 3 years and, overall I feel great when I eat like this. I'm tracking my carbs and sugar really closely this time on Whole30 and it is very interesting to track!

Replies

• analogkib
    analogkib Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am! New to the group and new to whole30 (day 5)
  • lisagconlon
    lisagconlon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting, but need some motivation, if anyone wants to check in regularly, that would be great. If others are interested, please chime in and maybe we can get a group going.
  • GrokRockStar
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Planning on starting this tomorrow, and will try to post regularly with what I'm eating and how I'm feeling. If anyone else is up to it, I could use some company!

Here's a link to the shopping list if anyone is interested:
    https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list.pdf
  • GrokRockStar
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Today is day 1.

Because I typically eat the same things during the week, I'll just share the food that I'll be eating for the next 30 days (but not limited to).

My Whole30 Plan:

Primary foods for the month: Eggs (boiled, scrambled), beef (pressure cooked, grilled), Lamb (pan fried) chicken (grilled), turkey, fish (salmon), veggies (broccoli, brussels sprouts, cucumber, artichokes, cauliflower (rice & mashed), spinach, asparagus, onions, garlic, bell pepper), and fats (avocado, black olives, mac nuts. coconut oil, ghee). My food goal is not to exceed 40g net carbs daily.

I know I’m only supposed to weigh once, but I’ll likely check in periodically to see how I’m going.

I may exercise, but it depends. If so, it’ll be later when I’m feeling more energetic and will consist of brisk walking, squats (maybe a burpee or 2) and kettle bells.
  • Proverbial10lbs
    Proverbial10lbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How's it going?? I really want to start this but am scared of failing...would like your invite on how the first 2 days have been?
  • Proverbial10lbs
    Proverbial10lbs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    *incite
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Think you mean insight.
    So what if you fail? That's part of the Whole30. If you fail you examine why it happened and start over. Go back to day 1. Whole30 is not about being perfect.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I've been out of commission due to the flu, so I haven't been able to fully commit. And regarding "failing," I agree with @pope705, just start over, which I'll be doing. Today is my last day of antibiotics, so I'll be restarting Whole30 tomorrow.
    I am confident that I can make it to the finish line this time around, it's just all about eating really good food and staying focused on great how my body feels.
  • Bullieholiday
    Bullieholiday Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    New here and new to whole 30. I'm on day 2. I really want to be done before Memorial Day weekend. I have some challenges coming up such as a day trip for an out of town roller derby game this weekend and a trip to Disneyland with my students in a couple weeks. I'm thinking ahead about how much food I can bring with me to minimize trying to find food on the road.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Day 1 for me, and all is well! I figure that I'd stick to the basics this week. Since I've been eating Primal, I don't expect to feel differently, such as eliminating any bad foods.
    @Bullieholiday, it's great that you're on plan. I have a couple of upcoming work trips next month and plan to bring along some Paleo essentials. Wishing you the best!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Still going strong, although I've lost count of the days. Managed to go out for a group lunch and was able to stick to it. This time around it's easier, probably because I stopped thinking too much.

Grok on!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your Whole30s!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Still going strong, but no longer counting the days. This is just the way to eat. I will be going back to Primal Blueprint, but for now, I'll continue eating Paleo.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It's such a game changer, living this way!
  • GrokRockStar
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It's such a game changer, living this way!
    It truly is!

• GrokRockStar
    Options
    After a couple of hiccups, I've managed to get through Whole30 and then some, so I've decided to carry on with it. I released a few pounds in the process, so I'm grateful for that!
  • smacke0509
    smacke0509 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am starting Whole30 today, first time although not new to clean eating, looking for any tips, tricks or just encouragement.!
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    smacke0509 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I am starting Whole30 today, first time although not new to clean eating, looking for any tips, tricks or just encouragement.!

Good luck! Grocery shop for TONS of veggies, and cook double batches so you can use them in future meals. It can be nice to have enough for two veggie side dishes at dinner, using leftovers helps with this. Load up on approved condiments. What saved me was using different vinegars, oils, mustards, spices, even salt varieties like pink salt. I simplified breakfast and lunch by eating the same things every day (HB eggs and raw veggies and dinner leftovers with more veggies, respectively) and concentrated on dinners, and cooking extra for the next day. Hope you'll share your progress!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @GrokRockStar - Congrats, you did it. Do you also count calories?