Whole30

Options
2»

Replies

• lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of Whole30 but it looks exactly like what I need to follow. I plan on officially starting on Sunday June 25th. That should give me a few days to transition.

What percentages do you set your MFP macros at? (Fats, Proteins, Carbs)

Thanks!
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You don't count calories or macros during whole30. It goes against the spirit of the rules
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It has felt freeing, but weird not to track so today I changed my food diary settings so that I'm focused more on specific nutrient goals and less on macros. My plan is to focus on intuitive eating and decrease my overall tracking. Still struggling with too much sugar, but overall I think this will be a better focus. It's nice to have fruit back in my life. :smile:
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I didn't count cals, but watched the carbs to keep them at about 100g and lower (diabetic). It is a freeing feeling to just eat what you're supposed to eat, worry free!
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Joining this thread late, but adding a few things that helped me when my husband and I did a W30 last summer:

1. Sign up for the daily newsletter... it's totally worth the $15 for the month. It was a huge help for us to read it every morning, because it totally nails how you're feeling each day. Things like, "it's day 4 and you're exhausted, here's why..." or "it's day 27, here are some recipes to get you through to the finish line". LOVED it.
    2. Preparation is key. Cook in bulk for the week, or pick out recipes in advance, so you don't fall into the trap of "it's too much work". You will be cooking a LOT during the month, so be prepared and make it into something fun instead of considering it a chore.
    3. There are great recipes on Pinterest (but you really have to look at the ingredients, because some bloggers will say a recipe is W30 when it's actually Paleo).

When you stick with it, the darn thing is practically a miracle. By the end of ours, I had more energy than when I was a teenager, all my "growing old" aches and pains went away, and I was down 12 pounds. It's hard to sustain long-term, but it's a great reset.
  • mariebruce560
    mariebruce560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently on second round of whole 30 trying to lose this baby weight! First round was during 3rd trimester. So rules r a bit different (I get to snack!!!!) and I'm breast feeding. Loving while 30 cuz I feel so much better and the weight just slides right off. I had an issue with eating enough but I got that down finally.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm doing an informal whole30\paleo eating style right now, which for me means I am not keeping track of which days I follow the rules 100%. I've done whole30s in the past successfully and I have learned SO much from those experiences. Changed my life. After so much experience, now I have modified it to make it work better for me which includes just going with the flow and not getting hung up on which days I fail and which days I'm perfect. Still trying my best to eat my eggs for breakfast with some fruit (sorry can't bring myself to have veggies this early), massive salads for lunch with chicken, and have meat and veggies for dinner. Of course yummy healthy fats drizzled in there too! Mmm avocado.
  • GrokRockStar
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I like your approach of focusing on progress, and not perfection! This way of eating doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Re-booting Whole 30 today to "cleanse" and although I've been pretty good, I though I'd eliminate some of the Primal "free" foods for a while.

I'm starting off with new knowledge of what has been making me fat, so I believe that the right whole foods will address it. Anyway, my food plan is like before (above). So here we go...
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Didn’t think I’d feel crappy, but I did today. Migraine and nausea, which I suppose is withdrawals. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.