Advice for your past self

Options
2busy4health
2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
What advice would you have given your past self when you were just starting your clean eating? What do you wish you had known then that you know now?

Replies

• brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to be "healthy" by eating frozen food only ! venture out, learn new recepies
  • 2busy4health
    2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    brendacs21 wrote: »
    Stop trying to be "healthy" by eating frozen food only ! venture out, learn new recepies

This is totally true! There is so much out there at the start and so much pre-packaged food. And who doesn't want the easy option? But in the end you have to cook for yourself to be better off in the long run :)
  • magiclady55
    magiclady55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As you eat frozen ,please look at the sodium content most are high
  • raebetty
    raebetty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a few -

1. Don't be afraid to be the only one eating healthy. I felt immense pressure when I was just starting out to eat animal products due to the people around me ( Nothing stated, just lots of ribs and BBQ and whatnot )

2. Be STRONG! You know you are strong, don't let your doubts get the best of you.
    3. Experiment and get your hands dirty. I was afraid of cooking on my own for awhile, so I relied on pre made things, which aren't bad but aren't sustainable.
    4. Find likeminded people. My husband is still a carnivore, and at the start was abit gruff towards me. Hes much better now, but I think I would have done better if I would have had a friend or more help me out.