New Here, So Hungry, please help...

Options
MargoPrior
MargoPrior Posts: 25 Member
Hello everyone! I've been a part of fitnesspal for nearly 5 years but I have taken a break from this site, only to come back knowing when I was here before was the only true times when I lost weight those many years ago.

A little bit about me;
Married with a spouse who is recovering (and may never completely recover) from a car accident we were in 4 years ago. I watch our grandson at least 4 out of 7 days a week.
I am a carb junkie and tbvh, a tad bit lazy but I WANT to change this and make these changes again to feel better. I know when working out, I feel so much better but we live in such a small home and no money coming I have to come up with alternative ways to make this work for me.

I checked the website associated with the EM2WL website to find out my BMR, TDEE and Calories needed (I am assuming that those are the calories needed to eat each day). I am 48 years old, I do not do very much of anything when it comes to exercise right now, but I do clean house and garden and take care of my chickens and grandson, not that can be considered 'exercise' for this part of my plan.

Oh and I am currently 234.5 lbs and my height is 5'1"
My BMR =1711
TDEE = 2053
Calories needed = 1745

I have my percentages listed as:
Protein = 40%
Carbs = 30%
Fats = 30%

The following is what I have eaten today so far and honestly, I am still so very hungry and I have no idea why. I could use all the help I can get. Tricks to help keep from being so hungry; are my calories and percentages where they should be? Any and ALL help and suggestions would be so absolutely helpful so I can stay on track before even getting fully on track.

For some reason I wasn't able to post a pic of my diary. Not sure how to do that. If you aren't able to see it, please let me know how to fix it so you can.

Again, thank you so very much, in advance for any and all help!!

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The thing that stands out for me in your post is where you say "Calories needed". Needed for what? Your TDEE is actually your calories needed, that's what you need to maintain your current weight.

Or, if you meant "needed" to lose weight, I'm not sure that's accurate either.You are only giving yourself 34 calories more than BMR - that's what you need to lie still all day and just breathe. With a grandson to watch 4 days a week, caring for your spouse, keeping house - you are more active than you think, even though you think of yourself as a couch potato.

If "calories needed" meant your cut value, EM2WL recommends a cut value of 10% for slow, sustainable fat loss. 10% off 2053 (if that TRULY is your TDEE) is 1850.

The other thing to remember is that the calculators online are just a guide. It is possible for your TDEE to be more than what the calculators say. Have you tested your TDEE? Have you eaten at TDEE to see whether your weight stays stable at that amount?

We get used to being told to ignore hunger, but hunger is your body telling you something in a language you can understand if you listen. Care for your body, listen to it. Eat. Perhaps eat at 2053 for a few weeks to see what happens?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    This is where the problems with those TDEE tables based on 1919 study start falling apart - and I'm disliking them more and more.
    While they may be better than a throwing a dart at a board, it's potentially not much better.

Would a mailman and a desk jockey with equal stats both doing 4 hrs of exercise a week really have the same TDEE?
    By the chart yes, obviously not though.

Your case - while exercise is all it talks about - you are NOT Sedentary in that chart - not with what you describe.

You need to take Lightly Active to be realistic. Because this does count - " I do clean house and garden and take care of my chickens and grandson"
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You aren't as sedentary as you think!
    Two very important points made above;
    I would recommend you recalculate your TDEE at least lightly active (you may even find you are moderate, but start with lightly active)
    Take a 10% cut from that to find your daily calories.
    BUT this also depends on several things like, how far from goal are you? What is your dieting history? What amount of calories have you been eating the last few months?
    I appreciate this can all be confusing! Have you got our starter kit?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/faqs/
    Have you read through to see if a metabolism reset might be the best first course of action rather than jumping straight into a cut?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Glad you are here! And keep asking questions! It's how we learn and how others watching learn too.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL