Snack Ideas

Options
Looking for new snack ideas that you can either make at home from fresh ingredients? Or convenience items that you have on hand either at your desk, at work, or thrown in a purse or in a gym bag for those moments where you just need something to get you through the day. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Replies

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I find my desire to snack has disappeared. But if I get hungry before dinner or if we r heading out to friends or a show, etc. I bring some Babybel Gouda and even some dill pickles - nice to munch on esp at the movies. At home I grab a tbsp of real peanut butter. Keeps me going til dinner. Celery w pb or cheese is good too. Has that great crunch quality. When I first started LCHF and hunger was more of an issue I liked to have Haloumi Cheese sliced and fried. Yum.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't snack much, but when I do eggs are my go-to snack...either quickly scrambled with a bit of cheese, or boiled eggs with wasabi mayo, or deviled eggs

eggs and cheese do not require refrigeration, but if you are going with anything mayo you will need an insulated lunch box with cooler pack or access to a refrigerator.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm pickles
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    cheddar cheese strings, hard-boiled eggs, slices of ham rolled round mozzarella sticks, red radishes sliced almost all the way through, cross-wise so you have 4 quarters, joined at the stalk end) and filled with cream cheese or soft butter topped with salt.... (ate those for lunch the other day. Drew admiring glances from envious fellow diners, at work!) peanuts, almonds, peanut butter in celery sticks, cottage cheese mixed with chopped olives and almonds, olive oil and salt, salame, chicken pieces (drumsticks, wings, thighs) paleo mayo on just about everything edibly savoury (!) lettuce wraps round savoury mince...

Ok, I'm done for now!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ^^ Very good points, @kpk54. ^^
    I find myself rarely snacking, you're right.
    In fact, some of my suggestions are definitely not 'handbag' material!!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If I am on the road and am concerned that I might not be able to access anything or else want to curb the bulk of my hunger so I make better choices when joining friends for a social event... I usually reach for beef jerky or almonds since they travel well.

I am working really hard at eliminating couch crap, which is my way of helping myself stay away in the evening. To mitigate some damage and due to garden abundance, I started making kale chips. If you spice them right, they are damn delicious to the point that the household carb lovers are eating them! My preference so far is tossing in avocado oil then adding a combination of cajun or mango chipotle seasoning and nutritional yeast. Although the nutritional yeast adds some extra carbs, they are soooooo tasty.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, jerky (beware hidden carbs/sugars), meat sticks, shredded coconut (if you like it), etc.
  • xosummerrainxo
    xosummerrainxo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar drops so need something at times and on upcoming trip. Appreciate the ideas!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I snack on pork rinds, black olives, laughing cow cheese, brie, boiled egg, Gherkin, almonds, seaweed, pickled ginger, camembert, jelly and low carb ice cream. They are what I always have at home. But in saying that I don't snack much at all now but it is easy to grab something if I am peckish.
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds, pistachios, beef jerky, string cheese, pickles
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    On one of these boards someone recommended Kerrygold Dubliner cheese and I bought some. Might be my favorite cheese ever! A small piece is a great snack for me.