Logging the unloggable

Options
jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
One point of frustration in this process is how to log meals that are not made at my home, such as meals at a friend's house. I would like to have a way to be able to do a good rough estimate on how many calories I have eaten even though I don't know all the ingredients of the meal.

Has anyone come up with some helpful tips on this?

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I usually type in "homemade ________". That gives a few options and I ballpark it. Hope this helps.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Good point! Very frustrating indeed and probably why I don't end up logging meals out on Friday and Saturday nights. Too hard to figure out sometimes. :(
    I do what Kate says or I just do a general search and see what comes up.
    Last Friday I had a tunafish sandwich for lunch via my office on-site cafeteria. Another one where I have no idea how much tuna or mayo they use. I did a search and found one that I thought sounded good and plugged it in.
    :)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the ideas. I do think the homemade keyword would help. Wish logging would just come naturally like it does to those who don't have to watch their weight. :/
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I usually type in "homemade ________". That gives a few options and I ballpark it. Hope this helps.

^This. Sometimes you just have to do your best and hope that you're close!