Good News

Options
LAWoman72
LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
So I started off such a whiny itch on here that I thought I'd share some good news and encouragement.

I've been on this plan...well, it's not a plan exactly...what would you call this? Anyway, I've resolved to feed myself and work out for a little over a week now. And in that time:

1. I gained a pound, or thought I did...but this morning I dropped two pounds despite eating 1800-2000 calories per day. I was pretty surprised. I haven't eaten fewer carbs or less sodium. Weight does fluctuate but I don't usually drop more than half to a pound unless I really am at least trending down. So we will see.
2. I have been doing HITT or just weights 3X/week and walking 3-5X/week. Did a BIG walk Sunday but usually these are not exactly taxing. 20 minutes to maybe 30/40-ish.
3. I am trying hard to get in all my protein even if carbs and fat aren't really where they ought to be. In particular I seem to have eaten a lot of fat recently. Protein is hard for me. I'm supposed to get like 125 grams. I have been getting 100-110-ish, depending.
4. I have thought I might binge twice, but both times, had a peanut butter sandwich or single piece of bread with peanut butter and just...stopped there. I just didn't WANT to binge. That's insane for me. I've been bingeing and restricting since 1978.
5. My depression (also since about the time I started dieting at age 11) has been lifting lately. I just feel more positive about life. I had one definitively non-depressed day. I couldn't believe it. I wonder if some of my depression has been caused by not eating.

I am 50 years old, 5'1", desk job (writing), and the usual suspects: kids, cleaning and caring for the home.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Very active.
    Very busy.
    Good workouts.

I'm sure your body was stressed out eating so little prior. This diet break is doing wonders.
    Have you noticed workouts improving also?

Great results on all those things.
    Protein can get easier once you discover some go to items to pad it up without effecting the others so much.

Keep up the good work, perhaps you have some more stress water you'll lose too.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Yes! I have been able to lift heavier and I am not dying during my workouts. I am "into" them now, not dragging myself through them. I will keep working on the protein. Thanks so much.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    *cheer* way to go :D
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I suppose EM2WL could be described as a lifestyle but really it’s more of a movement.
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Thank you!