Introduce yourselves!

Options
mickipedia
mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
So here is where you tell us a little about yourselves.. what do you do for a living, what made you decide to change your life, who/what is your inspiration. that sort of thing :)

This does not count as your stats by the way as this group is getting too big for me to keep track of all posts, please either message me your info or reply to the "message me your stats" thread.

Replies

• pipmts
    pipmts Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there! :)
    I think it is a very good idea to find a "lovely pair" to challenge each other. :)

Until now I've been doing this all by myself, but it's hard to find the motivation, sometimes. I've been using other tools to keep track of food and exercise, but I find MFP much more complete. Also, the Android app is really good.

I'm 23 almost 24 and my current weight is 69.2 kg / 152.6 pounds. I'm 165 cm / 5 ft 5 inches tall.

I like to run and swim, but I don't always find the energy to go out and do those things. Also, I love chocolate, sweets and good food in general, and when I'm stressed I tend to eat more than I should... ;)
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!!!
    I am carol I live in the uk I am 5 ft 4 in and now 209lb, I started my Weightloss journey 2 years ago at 305 so I am damned close to 100lb off! Before Xmas I was 1 lb off grrr! Me mind it is coming soon. I want to get to 180lb as my target and then reassess from there! Hope I find my twin!
    I am a teacher, I teach design and tech to 11-16 yr olds and I have 1 daughter who is 8 and a husband who is blind do means for z busy life- however through their supPort I train 5-6 times a week
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about "puppies" hahahahaha!!!!
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Im Stuart,

Graduate from Sheffield Hallam Uni in 2007 in Business and Computing and now a Finacial Analyst for a manufacturer in Yorkshire.

During my further and higher educational life i aquired quite a few bad habits as well as knowledge. I started Smoking at 17, drinking excessive amounts, and eating whatever i fancied! (most part take aways)

In the last 2 Years iv pretty much stopped drinking. Completely given up smoking, and now in the past 5 months started to eat healthily and get fit!

I am down now to 1700 cals a day, and so far lost 23kgs (51lbs, 3 and half stone). Now i have another 3 Stone for me to lose and be happy, and a futher half a stone after that for my doctor to be happy lol

I have taken up running (started C25K in July) as my primary exercise (outside only, treadmills bore me :/ ) putting in anything between 12 and 20 miles a week. Planning to run my first Half Marathon on 18th March (South Yorkshire Half).

I also cross train 2 or 3 times a week, cycling and swimming. I do no weights at all. This is something i really need to start on at least once a week!

Current Weight: 98kgs (215lbs, 15.5 Stone)
    Height: 176cm (about 5'10" i think)
    Goals: put in more miles running to acheive my half marathon success! And lose these additional pounds along the way :)

I dont think i could possibly give any more info about me without giving my bank details lol but please ask if you want to know anything.... sorry for the essay! lol
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about "puppies" hahahahaha!!!!

play on words.. i thought it was funny :)
  • melcarroll
    melcarroll Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am almost 26 years old and I live in TN. I am married and have 2 kids, a 6 year old and 3 year old. I am currently a stay-at-home mom and recent grad, looking for a job. I have tried many fad diets, pills, etc. and nothing ever worked in the long run. I have always been back in forth in my weight, especially bc I lost weight during both of my pregnancies from being so sick. But, it seems like I always end up at the same weight again, eventually. In the past few months I quit smoking and drinking any kind of alcohol and decided to start eating healthy. Its been a hard change, especially bc my husband is like a stick, never gains weight, runs 5k's constantly, and eats whatever he wants without gaining a pound. Also, he hates veggies, so I always cooked things he would eat. I decided to make an effort to put myself first and completely change my lifestyle. So far, I started eating breakfast, which I never did before, counting calories, exercising at least 4-5 times a week(Jillian Michaels 30 DS, running on treadmill, strength training, HIIT), drinking only water (the hardest part for me, bc as a southern girl Im addicted to sweet tea), quit eating out except for special occasions, and learned how to substitute many foods for healthier options. I have already started to see results in a few weeks and I very excited for this long and difficult journey. Here's my stats:
    5'1"
    SW:171 lbs
    CW: 164 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs
    Anyone out there that is in a similar situation or has the same goals, message me and we can be motivational partners... God knows I need as much as I can get :)
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Sam, live in the UK.

Weight: 142pounds
    Height: 5'7

:)
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi i'm ruth, i'm currently 31 and i live in cheshire with my boyfriend richard and his dog lenny. i work at a small train station and pretty much do everything that needs doing, when i can be bothered, but essentially its a very sedantry job apart from when the weather is 0c or below then we have to grit the station which works up a great sweat but not as much as when we have to shovel snow (please let us have a mild winter).

i joined the site in october 2010 as i was turning 30 and through my own fault i haven't seen results, i get very bored and distracted easily so logging everything gets really old very quickly for me, but i have made little changes here and there and am now in a position to really focus. as i'm getting older i'm learning more about my family health history and i need to fight my genes before they start fighting me, heart problems are on both sides of my family and it scares me. i'd much rather exercise than "diet" so that is where my focus is at the moment but i am trying to stay within my cals as much as possible, and as i become fitter and more competitive i'm sure i will focus more on the nutritional side of things.

in theory i'd like to lose about 2 stone in weight bringing me back down to about 10 stone but this is a flexible target, if i can get back into my size 10 wrangler jeans that will suit me fine. people tell me i don't need to loose that weight, but i carry it well when i'm clothed and only my other half sees me without them lol, i know i don't feel happy at the weight i am, perhaps if i was more conditioned than soft that would be a different matter, and being sqarely in the overweight section of the bmi for someone 5'5"(yes i know its just a guide) is also a bit worrying.

i can't remember what else i was supposed to say about me so if there is anything you want to know please ask and feel free to add me.

and yes i also though this group was about something else especially as i do have a cracking pair even if i do say so myself lol
  • mrspetrosian
    mrspetrosian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How neat! I was reading another post where a lady was looking for people who want to lose the same amount of weight as her and I was thinking how nice it would be to have someone around my size, age, same goals...

I'm Amanda from Texas. I'll be 26 this year. I'm 5'3. I have a husband and a 5 month old daughter. I successfully lost 16 lbs prior to getting pregnant and now I am back to eating healthy, counting calories, and exercising. I just started Couch to 5K yesterday and alternating Jillian's 30 Day Shred.

I'm currently 188 lbs :( I'd like to get to about 140, but I have to set REALLY mini goals for myself along the way so that I do not get discouraged. I joined a challenge to lose 10 lbs by February 1st. I know my body so I know that is not likely to happen, but I am hoping to get to 179-180. Then I'd like to no longer be considered obese according to the BMI scale so I'd like to get to 169. Then I'll work from there :)

I'd like to swap recipes and exercise ideas, motivate each other, and just have someone to talk to who has similiar goals as me.
  • cls09
    cls09 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hello! :o)

I am 22, almost 23, living in good ol' Atlanta. I started gaining weight when I moved away from home and starting attending Florida State University, it didn't help that I met an amazing guy and started to settle on my looks. Before I moved, I danced four days a week, three hours a day and weight about 120 pounds. I danced for 15 years which kept me in awesome shape but slowly dropped out of classes because school and my social life was taking up most of my time. Several parties later, I weigh 180 pounds and am 5'3 or 5'4, I don't really know. I just recently got engaged and MUST drop around 40 pounds by April for engagement pictures, then I hope to continue losing weight for my actual wedding in November. So, with that being said...lets get started! :o)
  • ShauntelB
    ShauntelB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose 95 lbs and I need some one to help with motivation ... I am such a procastanater but I want to loose it... I usually stay motivated for two maybe three weeks and than loose my motivation I am in the Richmond Virginia area and would love to find someone close to talk to ... Add me so we can work together :-)
    Current weight: 255
    Goal weight: 160
  • erin023
    erin023 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm Erin, a 21 year old mother of one. I'm engaged to the father of my daughter. I've hit a bit of a plateau since having my daughter in July 2010 and am having trouble getting past it. I was fluctuating within a 5 lb range but have recently I've lost 10 lbs (from the highest point during my plateau) and am continuing to slowly lose. I am 5'6" with a current weight of 144lbs. I'm looking to get to 110, although I'm sure I'd be happy with anywhere up to 125 as long as I'm fit and get a tight body back.
  • pshalamar
    Options
    Hey there!

My name is Paige, I am 31, and I work in an office - sales- so most of my day is sedentary.

I have 3 kids, the youngest is just 7months. I was getting back to the shape I wanted and found out we were pregnant so I'm back at the drawing board.

I love to work out but can't always cram it into my day (I am also a student), so i KNOW that eating right is something I need to do.

I am a sucker for donuts, cupcakes, ice cream, cake, cookies and any variation thereof.

After my pregnancy, I started this at 148, dropped a couple of pounds, got an IUD put in, gained a couple, dropped a couple (roller coaster weight - ugh!!). I just weighed in at 144 the other day. My goal is 130-133. I'm happy as long as my *kitten* (literally, my *kitten*) is in shape and I can wear a bikini this summer.

I would love to find someone with similar goals to buddy up with! Good luck everyone!!
  • pshalamar
    Options
    Hello! :o)

I am 22, almost 23, living in good ol' Atlanta. I started gaining weight when I moved away from home and starting attending Florida State University, it didn't help that I met an amazing guy and started to settle on my looks. Before I moved, I danced four days a week, three hours a day and weight about 120 pounds. I danced for 15 years which kept me in awesome shape but slowly dropped out of classes because school and my social life was taking up most of my time. Several parties later, I weigh 180 pounds and am 5'3 or 5'4, I don't really know. I just recently got engaged and MUST drop around 40 pounds by April for engagement pictures, then I hope to continue losing weight for my actual wedding in November. So, with that being said...lets get started! :o)

First of all, congrats on your engagement!! Have a great time planning and enjoy the heck out of your day!
    I decided to count calories before my wedding in 2010 and it sooo worked for me. I was working 50-60 hours a week, planning a wedding, was taking 2 classes, and had 2 kids so my life was crazy! I had no time to work out but decided to order my dress a size smaller and stick to my guns! I'm not Catholic but everyone in my small office was, so at Lent I decided I was giving up my #1 weakness - sweets! I only had my morning coffee and cut out all other bad sugar and was able to lose 8 lbs in 6 weeks. You can do this - you're going to look awesome! Please post pics when you get them back :)
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Hi I'm Cindy, I'm from South Africa 1.63m (5'3), married almost a year :-) ,no children.

I love Zumba and Spinning! But Jillian Michaels 30 day shred RULE!

7 November 2011 was my biggest ever... I've lost 5.3kg (11.68 pounds) and hit a weight loss plateau, so I've decided I need to do something else, and found MFP...

I'm 1.63m (5'3) and weigh 72.4 (159.6) I want to weigh 120 for now, then I will decide on a new goal :wink:
  • sylverkat
    sylverkat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm Sheryl a working out of the home mother of a 3 year old boy. I am new here and looking to meet other like minded ppl trying to be healthier, whatever that means to them. I Love crafting, adore music and am a tv addict. I also have a group Toddler Chasers for those of us with the 5 and unders!
  • JoMcDonald
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Jo, I'm 32 living in Albany NY. I have two kids, both of whom are 12 1/2 - which makes things very "interesting" at times. My partner and I are thinking of having a fall wedding, so I am boosted even more into getting things straight with this weight-thing! We've been friends for 12 years - got together, and we've been engaged for almost 6 years now - but finally things are falling into place where a wedding can finally happen :)

I've struggled with my weight since having my son, which seemed to change my body chemistry completely. Before that I was pretty thin and never worried about what I ate.

I started losing weight about 8 or 9 months ago, and when I started I was around 285. Now, i am down to 227. My goal is somewhere around 200 for now, and I will see how much lower I can go once I reach the "under 200" goal!

I'd love to meet my "twin", or anyone else who would like to join up - I certainly need all the motivation I can get, and I would be very happy to help someone else get to their goal :)

Add me if it sounds like we could help each other out --- thanks!!
  • emilyabuhr
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm Emily. Recently hired by the National Park Service, which I'm thrilled about. I'm an avid backpacker and hope to someday make a living walking the wilderness. My weight journey has been all over the place. At my heavist was 210 is college. dropped to 180 after backpacking and traveling in Italy and New Zealand. Started P90x last March and dropped to 165 (lightest I've been in any recent memory!) after 2 rounds (6 months). Took a 3 month break from p90x over the Holidays and am now back to 182 - sad. Just recieved p90x 2 in the mail and have started it, along with a loosely structed diet, this week. I work out with my boyfriend, who is an amazing example, but he is already in pro-athletic shape. Would be nice to have a partner taking the same journey I am! My mom was 135 when she was my age. I'm aiming for 140lb!
  • mozingoashley
    Options
    I'm 5'6''. :) I'm happy anywhere in the 120's cause I don't want to be "too skinny". :)