FitBit steps not showing up in MyFitnessPal app

Options
I have connected my Fitbit to MyFitnessPal iOS app. It shows it is syncing when I click sync now in MyFitnessPal app but my steps only shows zero. I have tried every setting by no luck ! Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Replies

• journeyrock92
    journeyrock92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine was working fine before I installed the latest update. Now all the steps that I accumulated before the update show up, but the ones I accumulated after the update won't show. I've tried syncing, disconnecting and reconnecting apps, uninstalling and reinstalling apps. Nothing. I'm fed up with MFP!
  • cberes123
    cberes123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitbit steps suddenly NOT showing in MFP for me, either. Was fine yesterday - today, not a step is showing. Syncing problem for all?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That sync now is NOT for getting third party apps to sync - they'll send their data whenever THEY have it scheduled.

That sync is from your phone to the app server, from the app server to the account server, and then back out to your phone in case something new to show to you.

Fitbit sends it's data to whatever you have it synced with when calories have gone up 100 from the last time they synced.

Well - if the function is working correctly on MFP anyway - then you'll see them and the steps increase.

MFP sends it's data when new meals data is entered, or a workout - which gets sent immediately to Fitbit.
  • kfrodgers
    kfrodgers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In the myfitnesspal app select steps and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected.
    j4pybvbe13db.png
  • journeyrock92
    Options
    kfrodgers wrote: »
    In the myfitnesspal app select steps and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected.
    j4pybvbe13db.png

We have that selected as the steps source. THAT is not the problem. The problem started right after the latest update. It has to be something on MFP's end.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I've tried pretty much everything. I've tried to unpair them but MFP won't let me. This is getting old.
  • blond006
    blond006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having this same problem. Super lame.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I've contacted support and they said they're working on it. If you haven't already done so I suggest to do the same so they have more accounts to look at. My steps transfer over to MFP but my calories are not adjusting at all.
  • wdkincaidmfp
    wdkincaidmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for two weeks to synch my Alta to MFP. I have in-linked and re-linked probably 50 times. Super lame.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble too! My Fitbit steps and cal adjustments show up randomly. Mfp calories also sync on an unreliable basis. It seems I have to disconnected and reconnect daily if I want to even hope for the apps to communicate correctly. It is frustrating.
  • SR1986
    SR1986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Seriously irritated with the not counting steps thing. This needs to be fixed. I'm beyond over this problem.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I'd love an eta for when this is going to be fixed. I really hope all my steps transfer over for all the days it's missed too.
  • tiamariakc
    tiamariakc Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I had this issue too. Corrected it by disconnecting fitbit from my fitness pal, then reconnecting

I'm on fitbit surge
  • journeyrock92
    Options
    tiamariakc wrote: »
    I had this issue too. Corrected it by disconnecting fitbit from my fitness pal, then reconnecting

I'm on fitbit surge

I tried that method. It didn't fix my FitBiT Charge 2.

• slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Having same issue. Hope they fix it soon. We shouldn't have to disconnect our Fitbit
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    tiamariakc wrote: »

I'm on fitbit surge

I have a fitbit surge and it still isn't working for me. I disconnected it from MFP and revoked access on Fitbit.com, waited the 30 minutes before reconnecting and still nothing. Done it twice.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    This has been happening on and off for about two weeks. Mine is finally syncing, but underestimating calorie burn by a substantial amount. Yesterday got 92 calories for 45 minutes on a treadmill and an hour power yoga class.
  • journeyrock92
    Options
    My steps are suddenly back showing up this morning. They must've fixed the bug last night.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Don't hold your breath!

Especially if doing lots of steps.
  • thesweetpea59
    thesweetpea59 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have this issue also; my steps have not shown up on MFP since 2/23. It doesn't matter what format I use: Laptop (windows), Android tablet or iPhone. And I use them all. This has always been my primary reason for using MFP in the first place: the automatic calorie adjustment. So this issue is getting old for me. I have disconnected, reconnected, waited, etc all without any change. I use the free version.....I wonder if the premium version has the same issues.