Wheat / Gluten Allergy?!

Options
I have always had this strange issue that I would sneeze after some meals! Never thought to much about it. It was annoying, but whatever! Yesterday it was suggested that it maybe a wheat or gluten allergy. Has anyone had this issue? Did you test positive for it? What have you done to your diet?

-Lisa

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have dropped 95% + of wheat from my diet anyway/major trigger food for me. There are tons of wheat free options now. I occasionally make bobs red mill gluten free bread machine bread for my family. They love it. There are lots of crepe /wrap recipes for other flours. Lots of cereal and crisp options as well. Corn, potato and rice based carbs are readily available.
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Personally whether or not you test positive for an allergy or it's psychosomatic, if it feels better to you to not have it, then do it. If you want to still have it and you test negative, then I would still have it.

I always say I don't care if someone gives me something that has a placebo effect to make me feel better. Who cares why it happens as long as it's good and isn't causing any new problems.

If it's just meals in general it could be anything that you have a reaction toward, I wouldn't automatically assume that it's gluten. (pure gluten gets a bum rap)

I went to a naturopath who said I had a yeast intolerance - she used something that measured current or capacitance or something in my fingers when I touched it - It looked like a fabricated steampunk invention to me with lots of guages and exposed wiring and things LOL I did feel better after not using yeast products (did you know they even put yeast in flat breads??? crazy. Anyway I still have yeast now (that was years ago). When I had a medical allergy test, I did not test positive to a yeast allergy.

I am not dismissing naturopathy in any way, I decided to place more weight on the doctors results that is my view on the situation.
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    most grain is off the menu for me anyway. I have noticed bread, etc doesn't sit well anymore. Maybe it's the gluten. I dunno. Carbs make me hungrier, so I avoid them and since they don't sit so well, it's easy.

I don't really think of wheat as being a big part of a post-vsg diet.