Important Question

Options
conetah24
conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
What do you perceive to be your biggest challenge to obtaining your weight loss goal? It can be anything from; time, motivation, type of food, drink, or anything else that keeps you from being the best you overall.

Replies

• thePatt
    Options
    My mind.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with it being my mind. Even when I do everything right, my brain seems to just keep giving me what ifs and being a total jerk. I can do everything right in a day, and the very next moment, I'm second guessing everything. I have to constantly get reassurance from my husband. =P Also, I constantly weigh myself and so far this has been pretty self-destructive and I really need to cut it out.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Staying where I put myself. I have done the 50lb weight-loss before. I'm doing the 50lb weight-loss again. I want this to be the last time. Ever.
  • conetah24
    Options
    I agree with the mind, there are so many times I tell myself that I don't need that sugary substance and am starting to be more successful saying no. BUT, sometimes I just can't! Sugar addict, getting better but still pretty rugged.
  • thePatt
    Options
    Right now, my mind is impatient! I want it all to come off RIGHT NOW! I'm about 1/3 of the way there and am struggling with how much farther I have to go.
  • Ochocosage76
    Ochocosage76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Easily discouraged - the mind!
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Weekends! I'm fine during the week when I am on a schedule and working. Weekends are the time for big family breakfast, snacks arounds the house, etc. I'd love more time and motivation to exercise more, but I do fine with the weight lost with just the calorie deficit.
  • conetah24
    Options
    Oh the dreaded weekends!! I have been doing fine on weekends that past month because I have been home and have limited what food is in my house. But this weekend I went on vacation and boy did I ever eat! Having to work twice as hard just to get rid of the weight from that fateful weekend.
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have 2 challenges I have a teenage son who doesn't like anything that I eat and the weekends I tend to slack off. Oh make that 3 challenges... my son brings home pizza every night he closes :neutral_face:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    WINE WINE WINE oh yeah did I say WINE!!!!
  • conetah24
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    At least tell me it's the good wine, not of the cheap stuff if your going to spend precious calories on a drink! :wink:

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    conetah24 wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    At least tell me it's the good wine, not of the cheap stuff if your going to spend precious calories on a drink! :wink:

Well it's all relative. I like different brands and it depends on what I'm in the mood for cabs, pinot noir, champagne, chardonnay. I can go as cheap as $15-$20 or as high is $50! LOL!

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Being too lazy to log accurately and trying to eyeball portions. Also husband wants to eat sweets so then I want to as well!
  • ChayaLeigh
    ChayaLeigh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with "weekends". And PMS derails me every month :(.
  • z_misetich
    z_misetich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stress in general and quitting smoking.....
  • BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    z_misetich wrote: »
    Stress in general and quitting smoking.....

• BabyJUDYKAY
    BabyJUDYKAY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also quit smoking and I am trying to lose weight at the same time. I have been dieting for 90 days and I have not smoked in 11 days. To me the not smoking is equally as important as the weight loss. Probably not a good idea to do both at once, but I am doing it........ Breakin' these chains once and for all. :smile:
  • Connie366
    Connie366 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What drives me nuts is that I'm losing inches, I'm on my second set of bras this year but the scale is being stubborn. I work out 5-6 days a week and keep calories low. Some friends say I'm not eating enough because of the workouts... so, I'm going back to basics of Weight Watchers Turnaround program from 2006. I have all the cookbooks and the counter. I hope this works.
    weight lost the last few months
    July - 2.4
    Aug - 7.5
    Sept - 5.9
    so far Oct - 5.2

I guess I should be happy I'm not gaining but boy do I want some PIZZA!
  • conetah24
    Options
    I guess I should be happy I'm not gaining but boy do I want some PIZZA![/quote]

Oh Pizza, we have always had a group on Sundays for football and the dinner was always and still is pizza. But here I am with my healthy meals and I stare longingly at the delicious round food everyone else is eating but me. Haha.

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I still do pizza, I just don't do it often and I take the calories for two slices into account and make sure the rest of my day stays within my calories. I also drink loads of water before during and after to help with the sodium.