Options
2»

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kincar wrote: »
    It was said the theme for the season will be about good people having to do bad things (hunt or be hunted). I wonder if Tyreese's hesitation to kill the termite means he will be doing things this season he'd never thought he'd do. Like Rick biting out the guy's throat was a turning point for him.

I agree...I think they're trying to draw a parallel between Rick's group and the Termites. I mean Rick is always thought of as "the good guy" but he did want to go back into Terminus and kill everyone. Not very good guy of him. Even everyone else in the group was looking at him like he was crazy for saying that.

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It was interesting that Termites say "be the butcher or the cattle" and they literally turned people into cattle for them.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    RBXChas wrote: »
    I agree, I could have done without those scenes as well. I think we as viewers are not yet invested in the Termites enough to give a crap about their backstory. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    Yes! We had no reason to really care about how or why they got to be the psychopaths that they were. Those scenes actually rubbed me the wrong way because it felt like they were an cursory attempt to justify their evil.

I actually didn't see Rick wanting to go back and eliminate the remaining Termites as being a "bad guy" response or one that made him comparable to them in any way. He regarded them in the same way that one might regard a rabid dog: it needs to be put down. These were people who nonchalantly cannibalised other human beings. It seemed like only those who hadn't been leaning over the trough waiting for their turn to be bled out were opposed to him in the matter of going back and finishing the job which, really, made sense. I was shocked Glen wasn't more in favour, though! I mean, he came especially close to that end.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch the talking dead? They said that it wasn't portrayed in the show, but that the termites take in people that want to be civil and who will be ok with their ways and then they eat the people that are deemed hostile because of what happened in the past, they can't trust people to leave them alone after they have been turned away. Maybe that's what the whole "then" scenes were about, the story just didn't come across in the show, maybe it will later when they hook back up with Gareth. The Carol/Gareth reunion will be interesting considering the way Carol left his mother to be eaten.

Not that I'm supporting cannibalism, but if we were in the zombie apocolypse, I hadn't eaten in weeks, there was no end in sight, and you were being a douche, I'd eat you. :)

I loved it, it was an amazing start to the new season. All the shocking gore, and then ending with the reunions. It was perfect.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I was shocked Glen wasn't more in favour, though! I mean, he came especially close to that end.

I think Glenn will be replacing Herschel as the moral voice of reason in the group now. He even lied to Maggie about Tara so she wouldn't get kicked out of the group. Although someone is bound to recognize her. Rick spoke to her directly right before the Governor killed Herschel.

• BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I think Glenn will be replacing Herschel as the moral voice of reason in the group now. He even lied to Maggie about Tara so she wouldn't get kicked out of the group. Although someone is bound to recognize her. Rick spoke to her directly right before the Governor killed Herschel.

I can definitely see that being the case!

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Bob - B- Q. Gross. I don't trust Fr. Gabriel at all. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire show.
  • Scottttoct
    Options
    Last night was ^&^$#@$ up!!! CRAZY!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Please don't forget not to include spoilers in threads about previous episodes!

I was getting ready to sit down and re-watch the season premiere (which is what this thread covers) before moving on to last night's episode. Thus I checked here for any additional stuff to look out for, and I found spoilers about last night's episode :(

If it was an error, please make sure you're posting on the correct thread for the episode you'd like to discuss.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but now I know why that's in the group rules.

Thanks, all!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just something I noticed in this episode, in case anyone still reads this and hasn't moved on yet, when Mary catches Carol in the weird room with all the candles and whatnot, she tells Carol to turn around so she can see her. I almost got the sense that she recognized Carol. My husband didn't notice anything, but I've now noticed it twice. Anyone else, or was that all in my head?

I also just noticed that right after Rick runs up to grab Judith and Tyreese and Sasha hug, the camera cuts to Darryl, and he looks a little choked up at seeing Judith alive and well. I'd totally forgotten that he'd bonded wth her <3
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Please don't forget not to include spoilers in threads about previous episodes!

Thanks, all!

Thanks for the reminder! Each episode has it's own thread and comments should be posted accordingly to avoid spoilers for people who haven't watched ahead.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just something I noticed in this episode, in case anyone still reads this and hasn't moved on yet, when Mary catches Carol in the weird room with all the candles and whatnot, she tells Carol to turn around so she can see her. I almost got the sense that she recognized Carol. My husband didn't notice anything, but I've now noticed it twice. Anyone else, or was that all in my head?

I noticed that too, I was waiting for some kind of plot twist, but it didn't happen.