Scheduled on 27th october… Tips and advices needed

Options
MeGaga
MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
Hii everyone, i'm scheduled for vsg on 27th october…
I/m 27 years old, my current weight is 118 kgs (260 lbs), height 170 cm (5.5 ft).. with body mass index 40..
my surgeon said the surgery will let me lose 25% of my weight, and he also mentioned that not everyone is able to reach his goal weight and i wonder why!
I wanted to ask u all over here who have done the surgery and have success stories, its always better to hear from someone who tried, and been in ur shoes..
will it be painful after the surgery with anything that i drink??
when were u able to go on with ur normal life, drive and go to work? he said around a week..
how many pounds did u lose in the first 6 months?
did u have loose skin after losing weight? and what's ur suggestions to avoid this!!
when were u able to exercise after the surgery?

So many questions i know :/ and i nearly asked him everything but i still feel more comfortable if i hear it from someone who went through it all..
Thank u in advance and please feel free to add me i need ur support :smiley:

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Congrats on the VSG surgery date coming up. I did not experience much pain at all but I was very nauseas the day after surgery --- so bad that nothing helped and I could not eat or drink so I had to stay an extra day. It can be very challenging to get in all the liquids and protein but be patient with yourself and take it slow and talk to your surgeon and program coordinator. Listen to your body --- you can tell when you are feeling full. I made a chart that I use to track the ounces of liquid and grams of protein along with my meds each day. I have lost about 30 pounds and I am at three weeks now --- I just "graduated" to some soft foods like eggs, fish, and low fat cheeses. I also still use Unjury unflavored protein in my water with Crystal Light. Good luck!!