Running in the rain?

Options
lizpirate
lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
Living in the rainy pacific northwest, I often find it at least drizzly if not downright pouring on running days. I went out on Wednesday and by the time I was done with my run I looked like a drowned rat and I was miserable. Any tips on running in the rain? I'm looking into joining a gym partly so I can get some cardio in without getting completely soaked.

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My boss is a runner and her tip for rainy days is to wear a baseball cap. The bill helps to keep the water off your face, which makes all the difference in the world.

Personally, I don't mind doing zombie runs in the rain, I feel it adds to the feeling of it. But then I'm a water nut, I'll take walks in the rain for fun. :tongue:
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    In addition to the baseball cap, invest in a very thin plastic rain poncho or long jacket of similar material. If you can avoid being drenched to the skin, that alone will make a huge difference both for your inner temperature regulator and for keeping the misery at bay.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I feel amazing running in the rain it's very freeing feeling for me. I do wear a baseball cap though and put my phone in a ziplock
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Do walk at home on the really bad days. I know all winter that is what I am doing just cause I refuse to run in rain or cold. I feel it bad.

I do the 2nd mile only (I edited the dvd from Youtbube just cause I love it) and ONLY do that mile...I do it with hand & leg weights & do it 7 times in a row at the moment. Working my way up to 10 in a row. The 2n mile is the most intense one out of the 5 mile dvd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhGXc6W-FI
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I like to run in the ran as long as its not too cold. I haven't tried a baseball cap, good tip! - I wear as little possible clothing wise on those days because I'd rather my skin be wet that my clothes, hate wet clothes and socks