SOS: Shout out Sundays 5/226/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay so what has gone right or wrong or lessons learned this week?

Peace,
WW

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Sodium - Your intake for this is generally harmless. However, it DOES cause you to retain water. This water retention can frequently be mistaken for legitimate weight gain and cause minor bouts of depression and, for those who binge during bouts of depression, may lead to bad eating habits because of it. This would lead to REAL weight gain. So, while sodium in and of itself does nothing major to someone without high blood pressure, it does take an emotional toll when your numbers don't fall like you think they should.

I learned that, and I still don't look good with a shirt off.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    What did I learn this week? That sometimes shoes bite back if they have not bee properly used for a while! Either that or that socks need to be replaced more often than once every three years.
    I have since replaced my socks, we'll see if that prevents the shoes from attacking once the blisters are healed since ankle has been cooperative lately it's time to get back to walking/jogging
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    How's your bike doing? Did that ever come back from the shop? It would be so much better on your ankle, and probably won't give you blisters.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    How's your bike doing? Did that ever come back from the shop? It would be so much better on your ankle, and probably won't give you blisters.
    I called the bike shops and they all quoted a price range of $145-150 to replace tires and do a check up on it, I bought it for $80. So after I get back from my trip this week, I'm going to buy a new one and donate that one to a place that fixes up bikes and gives them to kids that can't afford a bike
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Worked out six days straight and doubles on a couple days... body is sore but I feel strong. This time around I really watched my form to avoid injuries!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I was think this weekend and it came to a head today on a walk. I know I am going to lose the weight I need to but not sure if in this 'period' of my life it will happen. The stress at work, the COMMUTE, lack of gym with classes like I used to have 3 years ago all contribute. I actually felt like the old me today! POWERFUL strong and warriorish...but that is all because I got full sleep w/o stress and I could actually exercise w/o worrying about time! I am at peace with that now finally! I fought it thinking I could change something...but I can't for now...deal with what I have...make other changes I can in time. I will continue her because it still definitely keeps me focused...still moving forward! An Amazon never retreats NEVER!!!!!!!! RAAAH!

I didn't even lose weight till I was 35 so it was the right time at that point in my life so I know the next will come...it will. I will keep pushing myself but not driving myself crazy with unrealistic expectations. YOU feel me?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    I was think this weekend and it came to a head today on a walk. I know I am going to lose the weight I need to but not sure if in this 'period' of my life it will happen. The stress at work, the COMMUTE, lack of gym with classes like I used to have 3 years ago all contribute. I actually felt like the old me today! POWERFUL strong and warriorish...but that is all because I got full sleep w/o stress and I could actually exercise w/o worrying about time! I am at peace with that now finally! I fought it thinking I could change something...but I can't for now...deal with what I have...make other changes I can in time. I will continue her because it still definitely keeps me focused...still moving forward! An Amazon never retreats NEVER!!!!!!!! RAAAH!

I didn't even lose weight till I was 35 so it was the right time at that point in my life so I know the next will come...it will. I will keep pushing myself but not driving myself crazy with unrealistic expectations. YOU feel me?
    I feel ya. I was trying all the wrong ways to lose weight starting in my late 20s early 30s I would lose, stop whatever program it was either due to the price or plateauing for 4-6 months and giving up, then would gain it back (and then some) Just over a year ago (shortly before turning 40) I went back to the gym and exercising consistently, still struggling with my food issues (now hopefully solved, but still a struggle to accept) with falling off the activity only when I've hurt myself enough that I've had no choice but to drop certain things.
    Recently, I had some realizations like you (thus the name change to a Warrior name and an attitude change) and am aware that the unrealistic expectations are doing me more harm than good, that I have to go back to baby steps and like babies I will fall, but I need to get back up and keep going.
    We are all one team here, we work together, support each other, and we will all see success, maybe not at the same time or in the same time frame, but it will come.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I improved my fastest running pace by about a minute! I haven't been running more often, so I attribute this to all of the resistance training I've recently added to my workouts to make my legs stronger.

I also learned how to correctly do a push-up, but after years of doing it with my arms wide and my elbows pointed out, I can only do 1-3 reps the right way (with knees). :-\
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    What I discovered recently is how much of a work out a few minutes of punching a bag can be or shadow boxing. Its very interesting for me to see that few minutes of exercise always show up in my armband's data as vigerous exercise. That gives me some thing else to do besides running.