Week Five Challenge: Cardio Queen

Options
amsthegreat
amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
There are different benefits to cardio vs weight/strength training and I personally feel that a balance of both is important to overall health and wellness. Here are a few of the benefits to adding cardio to your daily life:

1. Increased energy
2. Lowered stress
3. Feelings of euphoria (aka runner's high)
4. Ability to sleep more soundly
5. Strengthens heart and lungs
6. Burns more calories than weight/strength training

So this week's challenge is to get in at least 20 minutes of cardio in three times, but don't forget about your strength training. And keep eating those fruits and veggies!

*You don't have to run a marathon. But run, walk, swim laps, climb up and down the stairs, ride your bike, or chase your husband around with a poopy diaper. We can do this, ladies! Challenge yourself. If you already get 20 min of cardio 3 times a week, make it 30... or add a day!

Replies

• amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did weights. Today I ran 2 miles and walked an additional two miles to work. I'm struggling with food though. :/
  • yayaohiggins
    yayaohiggins Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bowl in 2 leagues on Mondays as well as lift weights with a trainer... Tues and Thurs I add a tiny bit of running with my walks: Also upped my steps to 12000 per day.
    Keep up the good work amsthegreat and I will catch up with you on my return.. :smile: