Started Stronglifts 5x5 today

Sumiblue
Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
I love it! I've strength trained years ago but used machines and dumbells mostly. I want to lift heavy this time. I'm 45 and I think strength training is super important for me now. I'm cleaning up my diet, too. Today I started with just the 45lb bar for squats, overheard press and dead lifts. I did pretty well but had to drop the weight to 30 lbs for the OP after two sets at 45. I love that you increase the weights each time you lift. Anyone else start Stronglifts 5x5?

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I've completed two SL workouts and I love it. I can see myself sticking to this. One thing that has immediately happened since I committed to lifting is I am not obsessing about my calories. I know that I will need to eat for strength so I am not counting calories. I am still sticking to a clean eating diet but I am not going to worry about a meal with some rice or pasta in it. I don't eat processed junk or drink soda so I think as long as I eat sensibly and lift I will be okay.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 656 Member
    How's it going with SL? Are you still following it? I'm considering it for the new year...
  • karenontario
    karenontario Posts: 18 Member
    Loved StrongLifts app. Used it when I could of CrossFit. Things changed and now starting back at lifting. Love the app.