Racing post-injury

2»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    CarsonRuns wrote: »
    vmclach wrote: »
    I guess I just cant wrap my mind around a diagnosis like that coupled with the advice to run more often, faster. If it was tendonitis, yes, I can understand that. But, when you diagnose as OSIS, you are saying "the tendon's collagen is changing." the collagen is degenerating.

When he told me it was tendonosis, I said "I've never heard of that before. What's the difference between that and tendonitous?"

He said : "tendonitous is an acute injury.. So it could be that you were doing 400s on a track, and the next day you can't walk.. It usually comes on really quickly and the muscle is really inflamed... Tendonosis is more gradual over time. It's not an inflammation of the tendon. So don't take IB profin or ice because it's not inflamed. Your tendon actually has (I really don't remember this part- but I think it was the micro tear thing..). He said that he was going to stress it "just enough" to break down the tendon to rebuild & regrow to be healthy again".... Something along those lines. He says is actually really common in distance runners. I couldn't find much about it online, so I just kinda took his word for it.
    I totally missed the osis part.

ITIS is better than OSIS...

...but OSIS is still better than ISIS.

Just wanting to make sure everyone is clear on the hierarchy.

TL;DR - ITIS > OSIS > ISIS
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I guess I just cant wrap my mind around a diagnosis like that coupled with the advice to run more often, faster. If it was tendonitis, yes, I can understand that. But, when you diagnose as OSIS, you are saying "the tendon's collagen is changing." the collagen is degenerating.

When he told me it was tendonosis, I said "I've never heard of that before. What's the difference between that and tendonitous?"

He said : "tendonitous is an acute injury.. So it could be that you were doing 400s on a track, and the next day you can't walk.. It usually comes on really quickly and the muscle is really inflamed... Tendonosis is more gradual over time. It's not an inflammation of the tendon. So don't take IB profin or ice because it's not inflamed. Your tendon actually has (I really don't remember this part- but I think it was the micro tear thing..). He said that he was going to stress it "just enough" to break down the tendon to rebuild & regrow to be healthy again".... Something along those lines. He says is actually really common in distance runners. I couldn't find much about it online, so I just kinda took his word for it.

It's true. OSIS never decapitated anyone.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    sjohnny wrote: »

Yet
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    sjohnny wrote: »

LOLOLOLOL

And now I feel bad for laughing...