Day 23: Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Options
balancedwalker
balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
The spreadsheet has now three Ranking sheets. Each one are important and may give you some idea about your own goals. Now, we are getting close to the 600 mark. Can me motivate few more friends to show up for weigh in? Remember, even if you have not weighed in for Milestone 1, you are very welcome to join directly in Milestone 2. If you find your name in grey font then it is just a reminder to weigh in. You can self update the font color to black after filling the latest weigh in.

We have 7 more days left before the next weigh in. Get ready this time. We want to hit the 800 lbs Gorilla number by Milestone 3.

LA is getting cold. This means additional opportunity to burn few extra calories. How is weather in your area impacting your goals?

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,237 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but walked about 8 km instead, so that's okay.
    My goals for today are to stay below the calories, and drink enough water.
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Off to the gym this morning and grocery shopping and food prep for the next couple of days. I switch over to nights shift for today and tomorrow and I tend not to get much done after I start nights!

We have had some pretty crazy weather these last few days with temps from freezing to summer like yesterday. Today its raining and 17C degrees ( 67F ). I can't believe October is half over already! Where is the time going :open_mouth:

Have a great day everyone!
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    Weather has been quite unpredictable for sure. Forecasts show rain but when I get to my workout time it's nice so I hit the trail as quickly as possible. I did get a 4-mile run in yesterday after a very frustrating 4 hour drive home. Stayed under my calorie intake so I was ok. Today will be yet another crazy day so hoping I can get a run in today.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday. My run was great!

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. rest day!!
  • ketowerdefense
    ketowerdefense Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday! Today:

- gym at lunch for short run + strength circuit
    - 12 glasses of water before leaving the office
    - stay under calorie goal
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday! Today's goal is to exceed yesterday ;)

- 30 mins cardio
    - 140 squats/ plank 90 seconds
    - drink more water
    - get more uninterrupted sleep
  • everydamnday
    everydamnday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's been chilly, rainy, gloomy-bah. It's harder for me to get moving because I love being outside & hiking about. I have found swimming at my healthplex and my weight lifting routines have helped battle the weather!

Goals:

Protein!
    H2o
    Weights :smile:
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was able to meet all of my goals yesterday. The cooler weather will definitely be a challenge, but I will commit to keeping up with outdoor cardio (running/jogging) through it - even if I have to bundle up and just walk instead of jog.

Goals for Day 23

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal
    - Strength training and light cardio (walking)
  • libbeth_6212
    libbeth_6212 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday! It's anticipated to be a rainy day in the DC area, which means finding indoor activity to burn calories and get my steps in.

Goals remain:
    80 oz water/green tea
    Under calorie limit
    10K steps
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals yesterday and have the same goals for today. In Seattle we're entering the rainy season and its getting dark so much earlier - no so enticing to go out walking after work. Guess I will start utilizing the stationary bike more over the next couple of months.

Gonna push it hard to see a drop at the scale by Saturday. Good luck everyone.
  • mont1uk
    mont1uk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Managed to get back on track after a mega cheat weekend, had a solid week so far under my calorie goal and feeling good, getting plenty of positive comments at work so that always help, even for us guys!!

Had a couple of days out of the gym as im feeling a little fatigued but will be cycling my usual 10km later on, have a good day everyone :smile:
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It is a cool 60 degrees here this morning. Hit almost all my goals yesterday. Today's goals are the same. 10,000 steps, 45 active minutes stay within my calories and drink at least 64 oz of water. If I can continually get 64 oz then I will add 16oz at a time till I get to 96oz of water a day.
  • phelan999
    phelan999 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Goals for today are to track everything, stay within calories, and get to the gym for Week 4, day 1 of C25K.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Going to still be keeping it simple...goal for this milestone is to stay under with calories from yesterday until the end of the challenge. So far yesterday I did pretty well - stayed under calories and sodium, could have had more water but it's not a big deal. Also managed to fit in a nice slice of homemade pumpkin pie made from a local sugar pumpkin. I'm honestly amazed at how yesterday went considering how all over the place I was emotionally - my fillings went alright and I didn't end up having any sensitivity to interfere with eating. When I'm upset/in pain I tend to avoid eating, and then just go crazy once I can't take it any more.

Today I'm also not pushing it goal-wise. It's the worst time of the month and I'm going to just stick to staying under calories, drinking enough water, and keeping the sodium levels down.
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays goals went well, but still need to get more water. It is amazing that water intake is harder for me then staying under calories. With that said, today was bosses day with a amazing potluck and tons of calories later. I have 41 calories left for the day :( I'm thinking I will be over. Hoping I can balance the week out. Plus I figure I will not be able to leave the hospital till after 7pm at the earliest, then 4+ hours of crafting to get ready for a show in a week.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    day 22, rocked!!! I am loving how easy it seems to remain on track. I haven't re-gained my love of running yet, but I know it's in there somewhere. I will find it once i manage to run without wanting to stop.

today strength training
    10,000 steps and a gallon of water... otherwise were taking it easy
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    Today I am walking to a support group :smile: my food goals have changed I was having a hard time only eating 1200 cals so I bumped myself up to only losing 1.5 pounds a week and I can eat a little more now
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I really like the new ranking sheets. Great job putting those together. The weather where I am has actually been pretty nice, so I've gotten in a lot more walking outside. I was also sort of on vacation last week, which resulted in me posting a gain. Now I've got to work extra hard to try to reach 30% of my goal by next Wednesday. I just adopted a dog so I'm sure I'll be getting in more activity time each day.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Today marks my 100th logging day since i started in June with MFP. I have lost 47.5 lbs and 35.5". I still have a long way to go but really proud of my accomplishment. Thank you getting this group started, i actually look forward too the 10 day weigh ins. Thank you all for helping me keep committed.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My goals are shot for the day, had a work luncheon of Indian food which I dislike so I only had a saucer full, spoonful of basmati rice, 2 1" chicken pieces, 3 pieces of butter chicken, naan bread and then I had 3 popdamor(?sp) but the calorie count of that was more than my day's worth :# Hoping my count is overestimated as I guessed at weight and size but know what was on my plate. Tonight hot yoga. No walk tonight as it is raining and only 5 degrees C.