Introduction

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Jenn, I'm 40 years old and live in Ohio. I have three children aged 20, 19, and 15. I've been married for 22 years and have been with my husband for 20 years.

I have fibromyalgia and am currently going to physical therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays where I use the treadmill, stairmaster, and various weight machines. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do basic exercises at home and work out using an exercise ball. I've found that I don't get muscle cramps or twitches as much when I keep active with my exercises and I really enjoy doing them so that helps!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and joining in!

Replies

• nurse2022
    nurse2022 Posts: 18
    Options
    :smile:
    My name is Debbie and I live outside of Austin TX. I have been doing MFP for about 4 weeks and have lost some weight and regained some back. I've discovered that when you lose wt and then regain it, MFP doesn't show the gain; just remaining at the most lost. That is a good incentive, but somehow I feel like I'm cheating; or worse, not telling the truth since that isn't where I am anymore.

I'm a nurse by occupation and have been for over 30 years. With all of the years on my feet constantly I am beginning to pay with a lot of joint pain. I need a knee replacement, but my MD says I'm a high risk due to my wt (>230) and I have some circulation problems in my lower legs. Then to top it off, now I'm having problems with my lower back: herniated disk and nerves being squeezed causing pain in my buttocks and to mid-thigh. Needless to say, walking for exercise, Zumba, running, biking isn't available for me to do.

My daughter has introduced me to MFP and she is doing very well. I have found this is something that we can cheer each other along over. She and her family live over 400 miles away, so along with everything else I'm an empty-nester.

I want to get healthy so the pain is easier, I'm healthy and I want to shop for clothes!! Something I haven't particularly wanted to do in a long time. So........I'm interested in hearing what all of you do to help yourselves with the pain you deal with and to cheer you on with your successes; as I hope you will mine. I'm very excited over this, I truly believe it will work. Hope to be talking with you soon. Debbie
  • nurse2022
    nurse2022 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Jenn,

I noticed it has been awhile since your introduction and I hope you are doing well. I have just joined MFP and this group. Just wanted to say hello. Debbie
  • ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been living with fibromyalgia and myofascial pain for most of my life. I have not been doing much exercise except for walking the dogs and I need to get more active. I am looking forward to seeing success in each of the members of this group. All my best, GuitarLuv
  • haylo66
    haylo66 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, my name is Hayley. I just started MFP yesterday and I already love the app. I have had Fibromyalgia for 10 years, and my weight has been a roller coaster due to medications and lack of exercise. I have been walking for a week now, but just started keeping track of my calories. I want to take control of my Fibro through diet and exercise and hope to someday lessen my meds. Good luck to everyone... chronic pain can change your life in so many ways, but at least I can control my weight and the benefits it brings.
  • babspalmer
    babspalmer Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi. I was just told by my doctor that he thinks I might have fibromyalgia. This was hard to hear, but after talking got my mom about it, she said she's not surprised. I've always been sensitive to pain. I struggle with exercising because I hurt all the time. I try to tell myself I'm fine, but it doesn't always work. I just need the support.