Which Blinky Thingie?

Options
ATT949
ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
With the lessening amount of daylight, I'd like to get a strobe light or a reflector that I can use when I run. I've looked at light on RoadRunner Sports and Amazon and it seems that there are lots of choices so I'd like to get a recommendation from folks here.
Living in a moderate climate, I don't wear a jacket when I run. My normal outfit is shirt, shorts, low cut socks, and running shoes.
Thanks!

Replies

• litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have some very cheap generic velcro armbands with flashing red LEDs. Like you I don't wear a jacket or sleeves, so I don't wear them around my arms - instead I fasten two of them together around my waist to make a stylish flashing belt - no chafing and people can definitely see me!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just last night I picked up my bag for a race this weekend and among the goodies they had a little clip on red flashing LED. Think I'll use it on early morning runs when I have my headlamp (facing front of course) and will attach this unit behind me so I can be more easily seen from the back.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I wear my RoadID and two Nathan reflective bands on my ankles when I run as well as a flashing LED wristband (can't remember what brand, probably also Nathan, I got it at the local running shop) and my headlamp (cheap-o from Home Depot or summat, gets the job done).

And always a day-glo type of shirt. I'm amazed at some of the guys I see out running on country roads during my oh-dark-thirty commute in all black clothing...
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I wear a RoadID wrist light (red) which I have set to solid on. You can flip the battery and it will blink if you like. I have found this to work exceptionally well from a safety prospective. I raise my arm and "flag" vehicles coming from either direction and they see me every time. I have a clip on that can go on my dog's collar as well.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey, thanks for all the really good ideas!
    :-)
    I just ordered a strobe light from Road Runner sports and will start running with it next week. I've been running on roads since I started running again but I will really appreciate the extra peace of mind that my little blinkie thingie provides. :D
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    I just recently purchased a vest from Noxgear.com.....never felt safer.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    litsy3 wrote: »
    I have some very cheap generic velcro armbands with flashing red LEDs. Like you I don't wear a jacket or sleeves, so I don't wear them around my arms - instead I fasten two of them together around my waist to make a stylish flashing belt - no chafing and people can definitely see me!

I recently purchased some of these. I am impressed, they do a great job (although my wife thinks I look like a complete plonker :smile: ). I do wear long sleeves on colder days so have no problem wearing them, however I'd say they would be just fine on a t-shirt sleeve too.