NSV - Non-Scale Victories

Options

Replies

• balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Can fit in Costco's XXL winter jacket. Next target is XL by the end of next sequel in April, 2015.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I love reading NSV.

You all should be so proud of your selves.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight sadly, but I am getting MUCH stronger - learning how to do pull ups and muscle ups and do olympic lifts. I can suck my tummy in better too ;-)
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Became the legendary girl in my bootcamp class to fireman carry a man that weighs 220 lbs. Also, logged in to MFP for the longest streak of 30 days.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have not lost much weight at all. But, I finally lost some inches. I lost 1 inch off of my hips and idk how much off of my thighs. But now all of my size 6 pants are saggy in the legs and butt. I don't own anything smaller so its time to go shopping! Size 4 here I come! :) I also lost back fat.

I have not lost any inches off of my stomach in the past few months so, I'm hoping that it goes away next!
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    (*) (*) Major NSV Today! (*) (*)

I finished physical therapy today, and I can run again! It has been exactly 6 months and 1 day since my initial ankle sprain! It has been a long and bumpy road to recovery, I even resprained it when it was almost healed. But today I ran for 8 minutes on the treadmill without pain. I haven't ran in months. I had to do modified workouts to avoid hurting my ankle. But now, I can run and jump again! My physical therapist even told me my "bad" ankle actually looked better than the "good" one that wasn't sprained. Haha.

I feel so happy I could almost cry! I miss running so much, running is like a part of me and who I am. I still have to start small, shorter distances on level ground then work my way up. But the main thing is that I can run again! I can jump again! I am free of my injury weighing me down!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Getting back into clothes I haven't been able to wear for months!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Had 5 pairs of Pants sitting out that i bought last year. (Last year none of them fit) I tired them on today so i could get them hemmed and to my surprise 2 pairs were too big. I went from not being able to button or zipper them to now donated them. What a great feeling. I guess losing 40 inches really makes a difference. Sometimes i forget about the inches because i focus to much on the scale.
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    Last night I jogged for one hour, my longest time ever. Speed was slow but I am not worried about speed just building endurance at this point, speed will come later. :D
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My husband says I look nice - that's enough for me! :)
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    The owner of our boot camp instructed a class last night and noticed I am trimmer and my weight loss really shows :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    People have noticed I now own more than one pair of pants and sweat clothes. LOL

Full photo including (including occupant :o ) to follow – once 38” is reached (or) February 2015 – whichever happens first. I have been forced to buy clothes a couple times and now holding off until final goal is reached. DOWN 151 pounds!

Pantsnov2013v2014_print_zps89e71fcc.jpg
  • karmabear06
    karmabear06 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    TMI warning..... THIGH GAP!! WOOT WOOT!!! LOL
    Small victories make me so happy! Those 30 days of squats made a HUGE difference.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    TMI warning..... THIGH GAP!! WOOT WOOT!!! LOL
    Small victories make me so happy! Those 30 days of squats made a HUGE difference.

Love it!!! Congrats!!!
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Even though it involves a scale, I'm still going to say it's a nsv.

So on Monday I went to the dr for an appt. You know how they weigh you with one of those tall weight machines that have the weights at the top - a small one that goes to 150 lbs and the large one underneath that has the larger weight and notches at 150lb increments.

Well the nurse obviously has to take a quick guess on what to start with, right? So I was very happy when she assumed that I was under 150 lbs since she didn't even move the big weight to the 150 lb pound notch first but started with the small weight on top.

I ended up being just over 150 lbs (about 154) but was happy to see that she thought I was under 150 lbs.

lr8uzzby6ad9.jpg
  • tanek747
    tanek747 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is nice to read the changes that everyone is seeing :) Several nice things for me for this week:
    First time under 100kg in 20 years.
    Today I hit 99.6kg so I've left the obese bmi now.
    Bought new better fitting clothes this week, feel goodin them,some of them don't have any X's on the size labels.
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I took photos today that I compared with ones I took in August and I could actually see a big difference which was nice :blush:
  • Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having clothing issues, everything now looks too baggy for my taste... and I don't wan't to buy new clothes yet before I reach maintenance weight.
    Found an old pair of jeans from a decade ago that fits perfectly though.
    I keep punching holes in my belts but have to start over after a few weeks...
    Never thought I'd have to complain about weight loss consequences :smile:
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Pandathon wrote: »
    Having clothing issues, everything now looks too baggy for my taste... and I don't wan't to buy new clothes yet before I reach maintenance weight.
    Found an old pair of jeans from a decade ago that fits perfectly though.
    I keep punching holes in my belts but have to start over after a few weeks...
    Never thought I'd have to complain about weight loss consequences :smile:

I ran into the same thing. I bought "some" clothes...including a suit I didn't want to buy but absolutely needed for one occasion. I only wore it for that occasion and sold it on eBay for a decent price (I still had my receipts etc.). As for belts, I had the local shoe repair place punch addit. holes for me (cost $2.00 for mult. holes in 2 belts) - they also will cut & re-buckle for $10. -- guess it depends on how much your belt cost etc. - just a thought.

Congrats on your success. What a nice complaint to have...:)

• Pandathon
    Pandathon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, it beats pulling out the dremel each time and it probably looks better.
    Anyway, I guess I'll have to buy a few "transition" clothes sooner or later... :)
    Congrat's on your weight loss too, pretty impressive!