Fujiberry's Bulking to Big Weights

Fujiberry
Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I've been a member for forever, but I've always just creeped, haha. :P
Since this month is officially my 1-year lifting anniversary, I figured that I would start a bulking/progress journal!

> Stats
5'2"

Starting weight - August 2013 - ~100 lbs. [ Intake : ~1,500 cals ]
Current Weight - October 2014 - ~114 lbs. [ Intake : ~2,200-2,500 cals ]

> Current Goals: Compete before I'm out of the Juniors division in Powerlifting. Maybe try my hand at an NPC bikini comp after bulking for a couple years.

> Full ROM, Competition Strength Stats
Squat 185 x 2 lbs.
Deadlift 185 x 2 lbs.
Bench 95 x 2 lbs.

> Progress Pictures [ ** Image Heavy ** ]

JUNE 2013
w15myr.jpg

JULY 2014
tumblr_na6buqsFpB1tucmydo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n8zdz6T58p1tucmydo1_500.jpg

OCT 2014
25u3a5y.jpg
xdy22w.jpg

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Amazing work! You can see the improvements all over but THOSE QUADS!! :D
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Yaaaaaay! Welcome fuji! :flowerforyou:
  • anbshilling
    anbshilling Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2014
    Awesome! Can you provide a little detail of how you got to the point where you are now? Current routine (programs -if any, cardio amt, etc), how you increased cals, etc? I'm 5ft2 and 100lbs and looking to bulk. I must say you are inspiring!
  • Fujiberry
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Amazing work! You can see the improvements all over but THOSE QUADS!! :D

Haha, thank you! For a while they didn't grow. Then they just blew up 6 months into it. Lol. xD
  • Fujiberry
    Yaaaaaay! Welcome fuji! :flowerforyou:
    Hello-hello~! :D I'm pretty excited! I've never had a bulking journal before, just a progress picture journal, so I'll have to creep some more and see how you guys do it.
  • Fujiberry
    Awesome! Can you provide a little detail of how you got to the point where you are now? Current routine (programs -if any, cardio amt, etc), how you increased cals, etc? I'm 5ft2 and 100lbs and looking to bulk. I must say you are inspiring!

I was 113 around May 2013, and I got to 99-100 lbs by August by reducing my intake. I dabble a bit in lifting afterwards, but I didn't really start until late October 2013. I didn't know that some lifting programs were free online, so I just kind of did my own thing and did a lot of trial and error until I liked what I was doing. I was mostly doing accessory lifts since I didn't have a lot of equipment at my apartment's little fitness room. A lot of dumbbell work and cable work. This was my 'clean eating' phase. I did cardio maybe 3-6 times a month?

Fast forward to mid spring 2014, I was eating a ton, roughly 2,500+ calories. I went all out. Lol. (Tdee is ~1,750) Same workout with slight variations.
    Fast forward to early summer 2014, I joined my gym and modified my workout routine to incorporate more compound lifts and focused more on strength. I got a lot of injuries/aches, so I took a couple months or so off from it. Now, I'm trying to reestablish my weekly workout schedule, and my workout routine is strictly compound lifts with a teeny tiny bit of accessory work when I have time. I'm focusing more on strength now and less on muscle gaining. Any muscle gain is still welcome though. :D No cardio. Not tracking anywhere near as much, but when I do, I eat roughly 2,200 cals. Slightly lower than before due to my tighter budget this semester.
  • awesome work :)) very inspiring :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    WOW you look great!! Very impressive stats too. :)
  • SilentDrapeRunners
    SilentDrapeRunners Posts: 199 Member
    Great progress and amazing legs! Cool goals too :)
  • Fujiberry
    Thanks for the support, ladies! :)
    I'm back to tracking for now. I've got 2 other midterm projects due next week, but I'll try to keep up.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    you look fantastic!!