Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP

Gem1ni619
Gem1ni619 Posts: 13 Member
what are some of everyone's tips on keeping track on this diet??
my plan is 4 meal replacements a day ( no more than one protein bar a day, and no more than 2 soups a day)
64 oz of water
This is my 4th week and I am still hungry all the time. I have doubled my water intake. I only drink the shakes with fiber. I eat my jello. And I still have to eat food at times because I get so hungry.
My doctor wants to see how I do the first few weeks and if I'm still having issues he will prescribe an appetite suppressant.
I just need you guys help and tips before I have to add a pill to my regimen.
Thank you all in advance :)

Replies

• Ladybug_Karen
    Ladybug_Karen Posts: 123 Member
    Hey girl, you just have to fight through the hunger. Eating regular food on this diet is what's keeping you hungry. If you feel you need food, make sure it's light meats and low carb veg. No potatoes, no sauces, no sugar, no grains. Some ppl eat celery and mustard. if you do eat food, it's a meal replacement not an additional meal. Keep track in your MFP diary of the calories. If you're intakng 50- 75 more calories than just your meal replacements, that could keep you out of ketosis making you hungry.

I don't take appetite suppressants and I'm doing ok. :) it's ok to be a little hungry but make sure you're spacing your mears out evenly. On Saturdays, I eat chicken fajitas ... Only the meat and veg with very little salsa. It's around 400 calories so it replaces two of my meals those days.

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think increasing your water intake was smart. We are required to drink at least 3 liters on my plan, but preferrably 4 liters per day and up to 5 liters per day.

Personally I'd not eat the bars at all, we weren't allowed to have them until maintenance because the carb count is so high and they aren't nearly as filling as shakes. Does your clinic offer the puddings? Most people at my clinic drink the puddings vs the shakes because they are thicker and more filling. We mix the pudding with 12-16oz of water. 12oz of liquid is more like a milkshake and 16oz is more like the traditional beverage/shake but you get a lot more quantity wise. Another way to make you feel like you're getting more is to make a 16oz shake using the pudding and drink half and then 30-60min later drink the other half.

I know boullion isn't required on all plans, but it was on mine and it saved me the first few weeks. When I was hungry I'd have a bouillon which was quite satisfying. We could have up to 3 per day and there were days I had them all.

I took a pretty hard core approach to the diet. I didn't allow myself to have any food at all, no cheats big or small, until I was about 6 mos into the program. But I'll tell you cheating is just a slippery slope in my opinion. The more often I allowed myself to have food the harder the program got. Sticking to it and not having anything not on the plan was the easiest route.
  • i agree with yellowdaisy, I would add broccoli, asparagus and other veggies!