Memorial Day

Options
I hope everyone has a nice memorial day. God bless all our troops and the loved ones we have lost to war. Have a healthy week! Check in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. I just bought a kettle bell and used it yesterday. It's quite a workout,but you are supposed to rest the next day. Rainy out,so been kinda lazy today. Tomorrow I exercise. My youngest daughter thinks I am getting too obsessed with my diet,but to stay on track,I almost need to. What do you all think about the way you diet?Guess I do feel the need to be focused and determined.:smile:

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    susanjean, I feel I am too obsessed also, all this logging but it sure was nice when I went to the beach to have my weight down. I am also obsessed with fb and this site.. well I guess as long as bills are paid and house is rather clean,then we are ok,lol
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think you almost have to be obsessed, at least until everything is under control. I've started to relax a little as I'm getting a little closer to my goal... it's pretty obvious from comparing my diary now to my diary when I first joined, lol. I may have to get a little more strict with myself again if the loss starts to dwindle.

The kettlebells sound like a fun workout. I saw a video online that I wanted to try, but I just never went and got any kettlebells.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Have a great week!:flowerforyou:
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am being obsessive about logging, just trying to be accountable. Even though I reached my goal & am maintaining I still feel the need to log so I don't get off track & start to gain. I don't want to yo-yo again. That would be throwing away all my hard work to stay at a decent weight.

I wonder if anyone else feels that way.

Anyway, my Memorial Day weekend was pleasant. Hope yours was too.
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    LOL,Facebook,also. Sometimes,only allow myself a certain amount of time on the computer,as I could sit here all day and that certainly won't help me burn calories! By the way,I think that is such an accomplishment,losing weight,while on vacation.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Well,glad I'm not alone. Went to a cookout last night,and my friend(that is in my weight loss group) was telling me to eat more,since it was a barbeque. I ate food,that probably wasn't the best choice for a diet,but smaller amounts. I am also getting closer to my goal(12 pounds to go) but it seems harder to lose now.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    That's great,Evelyn. Way to be accountable.I kept the weight off for many years,by watching carbs and sugar,but having one cheat day a week, and maintained. I gained when I became depressed and lethargic and ate nonstop. Good for you!