Anyone here just have a baby in Sept or October?

Options
meggwyn
meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
My baby girl (#3) finally made her appearance Oct 5th! (I was due 9/25) While I won't be getting into exercise for another 2-4 weeks, depending on how quickly my body heals (stops bleeding), I am totally stoked to start up in November. At 2 weeks PP, I have about 50lbs I'd like to lose, though my main goal is getting a stronger, fitter body!

I'm not big into dieting, so I love to exercise! I love running (plan on training for a half marathon for next year), Jillian Michaels Dvds...No More Trouble Zones and 6 week six pack are my favorites, and weight lifting! (Had started with NROLFW last fall and plan to start that up again in December.)

I try to eat fairly clean, but Ben and Jerry's has been calling my name lately! lol Other than that, though, I try to follow Traditional Foods thinking. I'm into fermented stuff (milk kefir, home made yogurt, kombucha), grinding my own wheat flour for bread/baked goods (and soaking them when I have time), raw milk, butter, coconut oil, lots of fresh veggies, etc. I plan on doing lots of soups and bone broths this winter and I'd love to learn how to cook/enjoy organ meats. (Have not had the courage to go there yet! lol)

Looking for friends with similar interests/similar goals! :)

Replies

• annieu83
    Options
    I just joined the group today. My daughter, Zoe, was supposed to be due on September 4th. I was looking forward to it cause I have two other kids on that day just three years apart. I got sick and eventually went into labor early on August 27th. She's now four months. I also have a four year old. I'm trying to live a better lifestyle for my kids.
  • kosman8807
    kosman8807 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby on the 24th of September. My little girl will be 4 months in a couple of weeks. I would like to lose more weight now that all the baby weight is gone.

Are any of you exclusively breastfeeding, and how do you incorporate that into your diet?
  • stewtle
    Options
    I had my first on November 23. I want to lose 35 lbs this year. I just learned in another post that you can add breastfeeding to your food diary. It will subtract 400-500 calories.

I'm trying to eat more vegetables and cut back on sugar. I'm also playing Just Dance on the Wii. It sucks not being able to wear my pants. That's my goal for summer
  • pregokrista
    Options
    I had my baby girl on October 31st. I only have 6 lbs of baby weight left to lose, but then would like to lose another 15lbs or so. I haven't been dieting or exercising yet because I am afraid of lowering my breast milk supply... but I'm frustrated and figure if I take it slow it should be ok!
  • urbanhiker12
    Options
    My baby girl was born on Oct 27th by emergency c-section, and I was hospitalized 3 weeks later. In January I finally felt strong enough to resume exercise. Besides getting back into a daily workout routine (now with 2 kids!) I really want to improve my dinner preparations so that my entire family eats the same foods at the same time. Hope to meet friends on here! Please anybody feel free to add me; I love to cheer others on!! :)
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter on October 16 and am trying to lose 25 lbs. Doing T 25 and almost done with beta but have hit a plateau and scale won't budge. My oldest is 2 1/2 so stress may be a factor. Looking for support, too.
  • MusicMom76
    Options
    My baby was born Oct. 27th. I've already lost most of the 35 lbs of baby weight, only 6 more to go. However, right now I'm 180, and should be 130. I'm not too worried about my milk supply because I have an over-supply, but will keep my eye on it. By tracking what I eat, I'll lose some weight, but my problem is when to exercise.

I found an old Paula Abdul cardio dance tape the other day, and it's fun, but dangerous with a 4-year-old under foot. My body wants to exercise late afternoon when it's not trying to make me catch up on sleep.