Anybody have stretches/exercises for lower back pain/tension

Options
pookaroo78
pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
Two weeks ago we did deadlifts for 3RM, I'm not sure what I did wrong but I was in pain for over a week, now I have lower back tension, pain. I stretch and roll. There are things I cannot do, like running, box jumps..etc.
Has anyone experienced anything like this before? My coach says it might be Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction.

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If it persists I'd say see a doctor, one with some experience dealing with athletes. I usually do gentleman's sits or just pull my knees up to my chest and roll them side to side to get my back loose, but I'm not sure if that would help or exacerbate your condition.
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will for sure consult with a doctor or physiotherapist.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hurt my back in a workout of heavy DLs, box jumps and T2B. I saw the athletic trainer who trains at my box and he helped, and I got a couple massages, but the main thing was I just had to take it easy for awhile. I had a trainer who specializes in injury recovery write me an extensive warm up for my core and back, but if I didn't have him as a resource I would have tried physical therapy.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    If your still sore after a week it sounds like more than muscular fatigue.
    Def see a doctor and substitute until you feel better. Hope you recover soon.