Mom's Support Each Other

snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Hi to anyone wanting to join in and just support each other on our weigh lose journeys. I'm a 34 year old Mom of six little ones all under the age of 10. I have been battling my weight ever since I can remember. I remember in High School always wanting to get down to 172. I got married young (23) and basically just started having kids. I started really tracking my weight after my fourth baby was born (2009). Needless to say I would have babies lose weight, only to get pregnant again and gain it back. My highest weight I tracked was 214. My last baby was born almost two years ago (and with no future babies in sight) I have lost 45 lbs so far (169) would like to lose about 30 to 40 more.

Lets support each other and we can reach our goals.

Replies

• snaps27
    I guess i should also tell you about my current journey. I started using MFP early last year to track my calories and keep them below 1400 a day. And very slowly getting to 175 (i have pretty much been between 185 and 175 for the past year). Then i decided to give 5:2 a go and have been doing that since September 1 and am now 169. Although this week I haven't been able to fast because I have a cold, but I'm really enjoying giving this a go. Oh and I also try my best to fit in a proper workout once a week, in and around my kids and my studies.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Hello! I am 34, and I also have 6 kids... 4 of my own, 2 that are my boyfriend's. I started using MFP a little over a year ago, but I got off for a while (just got lazy). I have been back for 2 weeks solid now and doing pretty good. I was always pretty fit through high school, but then got married at 17, had my first son at 18, and my second son at 19. I got divorced after 5 years and went from a tight size 14 jeans to a comfortable size 5 in about 3 months...around 130-135lbs. I got re-married at 23, and had my 3rd son, but then my husband died when I was 6 months pregnant. I ended up gaining quite a lot of weight again (back up to about 195). I finally ended up losing most of it by the time my baby was 3 (still around 145-150). By the time I was surprised with my 4th son, I was no longer in my 20's...once you hit that 30yr mark, the weight slowly creeps up and refuses to budge! I was 31 when I got pregnant and 32 when I had him.

In the last 2 weeks, I have quit smoking, quit eating bread and pasta, and started going for a walk every day; around 3 miles. Since I have started on MFP again, this time I have lost 6 lbs. I still have another 35 to go before I get to my goal weight on here, although I would honestly like to get to an extra 10 lbs below that. 35 is my goal...I'll be happy with that. 45 and I'll be thrilled!

I went on a walk this morning with my baby and puppy, but it really wasn't as intense as I wanted it. I think that I'm going to go again this evening, and possibly try throwing a little bit of running in with it. I really have another 5-10 lbs to go before I really start trying to run so that I don't put too much stress on my knees and ankles, but I'd like to know if I can.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • chulisGonzalez
    chulisGonzalez Posts: 56 Member
    Hi! I'm 25 y.o with a 1 year old son and hoping to have 1 more baby in the future! But before then I want to get down to 150, but my current weight is at 234. I've been on MFP for a while but REALLY started exercising and counting calories about 2 weeks ago! I'm conscious that this will be a long journey and I'm prepared for it.

So since 2 weeks ago I've been going out for walks using the MMW(mapmywalk) app to log the calories burned and distance. It's been helping me a lot but with the weather changing and it being too cold for my munchkin, I'm going to have to start doing exercise at home...... :\ . Don't really like the idea, but I guess I'll get used to it soon enough.

So with that said, if you guys do exercises at home....what do you use? Do you go on YouTube or do you buy dvds? Just curious to know :p

Add me if you like! The more support you have, the better chances for success <3

• snaps27
    So with that said, if you guys do exercises at home....what do you use? Do you go on YouTube or do you buy dvds? Just curious to know :p

Add me if you like! The more support you have, the better chances for success <3

Hi, so I do most of my workouts at home (the most I do away from home is walking around the shops). I have one workout DVD (Charlie Brooks: Before and After) I've had that for about 6 years and I'd use that after I had my babies (and am still using it) its low impact and easy to follow. A year ago I brought the Wii for the kids, but really for me (wii fit plus) and that's a lot of fun and it also tracks your weight for you.

Glad to hear from both of you :D
  • Jess400
    Jess400 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I would love to have some support from other moms in my weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me.

I'm Jessica and I'm 26 years old. I have two kids. One is almost five and the other is 3 months. I ended my pregnancy at 172 and am currently at 137. I want to get down to 130 ideally. However I'm trying to do this the right way with diet and exercise. It's been hard because I feel like I lost weight quickly at the beginning and now I'm stalled. I would love motivation, support, and tips!
  • snaps27
    Jess400 wrote: »
    Hi I would love to have some support from other moms in my weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me.

I'm Jessica and I'm 26 years old. I have two kids. One is almost five and the other is 3 months. I ended my pregnancy at 172 and am currently at 137. I want to get down to 130 ideally. However I'm trying to do this the right way with diet and exercise. It's been hard because I feel like I lost weight quickly at the beginning and now I'm stalled. I would love motivation, support, and tips!

Your at my goal weight! And I'm close to your end of pregnancy weight! I can't wait to get where you are. So, tips... It could be that you metabolism has stalled. Have you ever tried intermittent fasting (5:2)? I'm doing that now and it really shakes up your metabolism.
  • Jess400
    Jess400 Posts: 9 Member
    Yeah I could try it. Is that where you fast 2 days out of the week?
  • snaps27
    Yah it is, keeping calories to 500 on fast days. Maintenance on other days.
  • I have been battling weight since I was a teenager. I am 31 now with a 18 month old son. My heaviest was 250 (probably about 7 years ago). When I got pregnant I was at 215 (the lowest I had been in years). During my pregnancy I gained about 15lbs (about 186). But for some reason (Im not complaining at all). I lost all the pregnancy weight + 15lbs. Right after I had him. The doctors couldnt tell me why. But they did say to be careful since the weight could come back just as fast as I lost it. I have noticed the weight coming back and I swore I would never go back to the 200's and Im almost there. But fitting exercise in when taking care of a toddler and working is almost impossible so I went on you tube and found videos on exercising with your toddler and have done it once or twice and it is quite a work out just using him as a weight. Please feel free to add me as a friend (the more the better)!