Memorial Day...outreach! 5/27

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Today I do believe we should take time to reflect and be thankful to any soldier who is now alive and not wait till they die. Perhaps, give comfort to a family who is dealing with a soldier who passed on. If a widow is in the neighborhood maybe ask how you can help her. Appreciate our soldiers now...I have watched too many shows on PBS and news etc where soldiers are not treated well when they come back. We as civilians should make sure our local and state leaders (when we vote) are doing the best by them. Make our churches do outreach!
Today is really a day of mourning but we can as individuals provide help to any soldier or family of one. A "hello how are you?" is a start!

Love to all,
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I work with law enforcement and military and with both groups, I always thank them for their service because they are all men and women who go to work every day and may not go home from work that day. I have friends who I thank God every day that their spouses, or other family members who are in the military make it through another day alive and pray for their safe return home. I have lost friends in combat. And when I can afford it and I see one in a restaurant, they are told their check is paid for because I paid for it.