4 years on...

Options
ScubyUK
ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
9vcgwg.jpg

September 2009 - Age 36 - Was in a really bad place, was 6.5 years into an eventually unhappy relationship which ended 5 months later. This was the photo that was my wake up call.

September 2010 - What a difference a year makes, feeling more like the old me and starting to recognise myself again.

September 2011 - Happier still? Depression was starting to settle in, something I wouldn't know I was suffering from for another 18 months or so.

September 2012 - It was around this time that I think I had started to feel the true effects of my Depression, although outwardly I was projecting a calm confidence having dropped 2 stone \ 28lbs \ 12.7kg in the previous 14 weeks, inside I wasn't feeling that great.

Had a lot go on over the last 7 months. Was eventually diagnosed with Chronic Depression at the beginning of May and I haven't felt happier since, because now I know I don't have to be Superman to everybody, that it is ok tell other people "No, I can't help you" without having to explain why or feel bad about, that it is ok and in fact completely understandable why I was feeling how I was and have now learned some new coping mechanisms to take me forward.

Only a few short months to go until I hit the big FOUR-ZERO and I can't wait!!

So there we go, looking forward now to seeing what the image of the Man in the photos will look like in September 2013. :happy:

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is some fantastic success!!! What a difference these years have made for you.:smile:
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how much better you can feel from just finding out what the hell is going on with yourself and getting grounded. See you in September!