I need to be hot for Forty!!!

Options
I don't know who is in this group, but I started counting calories yesterday and exercising. I do not want to fail. I am joining a dance group in January and I'm getting ready for that. I have 100 pounds to lose. Not by January but ASAP. I'll be forty in 3 and a half years. I wasted my 20's, and 30's. I want some time to enjoy being young were I actually feel good about myself. Otherwise my entire youth will have been feeling unhappy with my body. I want to feel good about myself once and for all. I did it for my wedding. But I had no idea that I could possibly gain it all back and more. Now I am older, wiser, and aware. I am absolutely addicted to fast food and junk food. I plan to treat myself as an addict. Food will always be a struggle. But I have to show my two year old daughter and four year old son how to eat healthy by example. I don't want them to have to think about it. Good eating habits have to be automatic and natural to be a life long thing. Since i was raised on fast food and junk, i have to change my whole life. changing what's in the kitchen is easy. I struggle changing what I crave. I eat when I'm, happy, stressed, sad, angry, bored.... I'm ready to stop failing. Join me to look hot for forty.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You absolutely can.

I found myself, at the end of last year, looking back and thinking that I was nearing the end of my 30s and was a complete mess. Like you, I feel like I wasted a lot of years feeling bad about myself. I've taken this year to really focus on eating better, moving more, and losing weight so that I can be fit and healthy as I move out of my 30s and into my 40s. I won't lie--it has been a lot of hard work! But it has also been fun and satisfying and I feel so much better. You can most certainly do the same for yourself. Good luck :smile:
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hello,
    I think you can do it! of course you can, no doubt. Just one step after another. You have a powerful reason; your children :smiley:
    I started my journey to a healthy eating little by little; now I am almost there... and I want to keep it (I have never been able to keep it before as it is the hardest) I found the cravings go away after a while, i think (or like to believe) that the cleaner your body gets the less cravings you have... as in the beginning i was craving chocolate bars & biscuits (my two sins out of many his his) a lot and now I almost don't crave them at all... I can even go a couple of days without eating dark chocolate (my substitute for chocolate, which i was addicted to).

My goal it is to be in the best shape I have even been by 40. So on my way, and so are you :)