Revival

Options
AeiriMuse
AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
edited December 2014 in Social Groups
Talk about a while. Tabi went on a vacation and I hit a couple life hiccups and, in the process, Motivators and Motivation fell to dust.
Well, it is time to rebirth, start anew, and bring the heat back to our goals!
I've been thinking about my own issues since I took a break from the group and realized that without this tether to check on over and over again, I quickly forget my perseverance and fall prey to temptations in record short times...
So I've been thinking on what to do. On my own and with others. Here's some ideas I'm going to throw out there:
Challenges
Weight Lost Challenges
We've done these in the past, though, for those who weren't invited until after they'd already come to pass, these are our challenges where the goal is to add all of our weight lost to reach a common goal. They comprise of different themes and goals amounts. Some of these goals will be assigned by yourself.
Calorie Burn Challenges
This one is another that sorta speaks for itself and that we've done in the past, but I will break it down anyway... Because I can. Calorie burn challenges are focused on exercise and activity done to burn calories and reach a certain goal for a selection of time. They will have themes and, like the Weight Lost Challenges, they will vary in the goal total whether it is designated by an Group Leader or you.
Group Challenges
This is where we split people up into groups and work together to compete against the other team! Weigh In groups will add everyone's weight losses together to form a collective sum in these competitions! We might also come up with some activity based ones and see if we can't have some burn races, too!
Chat Ins
Scheduled meetings online where we can discuss topics on the fly. These will be probably once a week or more. Topics can vary from recipes, to favorite supplies, to your own discovered tips and tricks for your routine that might help others. Most of all, it lets everyone get to know one another so that we feel more comfortable adding them as friends. :D
Weekly Sum Up
Once a week, probably on a Wednesday or a Saturday, our members will give a sum up of their week. This can be your chance to hold yourself accountable and share your downs, or it can be our shared celebration of your week's ups. You could write both. List any non-scale victories you accomplished for the week and inspire others with your victory! Or mention discoveries you made such as an awesome new food or a horrendous calorie fallout at a restaurant for something you thought was a healthy item. (I've been there so many times... I like to share awareness! I love it when others do so, too!)
So, without further ado, let us get this party started!
Please know that if you have any ideas towards challenges, games, or chat ideas, please feel free to start it up or PM me, AeiriMuse, with the idea so that I can set it up!