Introduce Yourself!

Options
My name is Jen. I'm 38. 2 boys. 3 & 5. I'm a binge eater and going to therapy about it, but it's not helping. I can't get motivated to diet. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm 5'5" and weigh 200. :(

Replies

• rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rhonda. I'm 37 with an almost-8 yr old daughter and a 5-yr old son. Most of my family is overweight, though I've always been very active and was an athlete (figure skating & softball) growing up so I've managed to always be a relatively healthy weight. That said, I feel like I've been trying to lose 10 lbs. for the past 4 years and would love, love, love to lose it before 40 and keep it off forever! I definitely feel like I'm fighting age, gravity, and genes :wink:
  • MWilson0818
    Options
    Hi! My name is Marissa, I am 37 with 4 boys. My youngest was recently adopted through foster care, that journey was very stressful and I gained 35lbs in the last year and half. I feel horrible about myself and because of the extra weight I am struggling with exercise, would love to connect with others fighting this same battle.
  • Bookindle
    Bookindle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sue (actually just realised this is my first ever post on the forums!). I'm 39, 40 in June. Married with no kids. Two cats. I'm hoping to lose a stone before my 40th and more importantly, tone up and get fit :smiley:
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm Dana, 39, married with a 6 yo girl and 3 yo boy. Was fortunate to be a SAHM for a while, but starting working outside the home 2 years ago. It wasn't until about 6 months ago that I found a way to fit in workouts with my schedule. So here I am about 10 pounds from my goal weight (5 that I put on since going back to work and the same 5 I've been dreaming about for years). I am currently working out with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and plan to do T25 next. High intensity 30 minute workouts have helped me get back on track. Now if I can curb my love for wine and cheese...

Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me as a friend if you haven't already.
  • CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheryl...I'll be 36 in November (more than 1/2 way to 40). I'm a mother to a 13 year old boy (the light of my life and the bane of my existence, both at the same time, LOL). I'm a widow, but I've been lucky to find love again and I'm engaged to be married, though no wedding date as of yet. Frankily, I'm afraid for my health and I need to lost a LOT of weight (we're talking over 100 lbs here). I've been at it for about a month and I've lost around 15 pounds so far. I lost the first 6 on my own, without any tracking system and then decided to try my fitness pal again, after a half hearted attempt years ago. I'm over Weight Watchers, but I needed some way to be mindful fo what I eat and my calories. Two women I work with did MFP years ago and they've had a lot of success and have kept the weigth off so I thought, why not me.

Good luck to everyone! Please post inspriation, recipes, or anything to keep us motivated.
  • undulyinterest
    undulyinterest Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello, I'm Michelle. I turned 40 in March. I am a working mother of 5, 3 by birth. My oldest is 20 and my youngest is 8. I have always been active and really ate what I wanted...that is not working for me anymore! I herniated 2 disc in my back last Oct and it has been a slow process to get back to working out. Instead of being on point with my diet during that time I slipped up a bit and picked up 10 pounds or so. I am looking to lose 15 or just the inches I need to wear half my normal clothes. I truly don't care what I weigh as long as my clothes fit. I am 5'2". So 5 pounds just about takes me up a pant size. Feel free to add me!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sherry. Just turned 40 a few months ago. I'm a mom to 3 young kids, ages 17 mos, 7 years, and 11 years. I work full time. I started my weight loss journey at the start of February, at 224 lbs. I'm down 41. About 44 more to go to reach a healthy weight. I'll re-evaluate at that time to see if I need to lose more.

I had 3 c-sections, with 3 large babies, and this year had 2 other surgeries on my stomach. Basically my stomach is in horrible condition, and is where I carry most of my weight. It's a struggle to get it off. I suspect that surgery will be the last resort for me, as I'm going to have quite a large apron when the weight comes off.

Good luck on your fitness and weight loss journeys everyone! Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I am Nicky. I am 38 and soon to be 39. I am married and have two kids 8 and 10. I work full time. I have been at this weight loss thing a few years now and although I have made great progress in the past I have been stalled for quite some time. Lots of stress and excuses but I know I will get there one day. Planning Vegas for 40 cause I have never been and hoping to be at goal for that!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    hello everyone!!! I am Brooke, social worker, rocker chick, mother of 2 boys and love to make people smile and laugh!!! I have lost almost 80 pounds and have about 30 left to go!! I want to be in the best shape of my adult life before I turn 40. I will be 35 in March, so I have time to see this come to fruition. Best wishes to you all!!!!
  • undulyinterest
    undulyinterest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am going to post one of my families 'go to" dinners during the week. Surprisingly it is not a crock -pot dish ( I LOVE my crock -pot) not in a I need to be on a TLC special LOVE IT but LOVE it. Anyway.... this is a spaghetti squash dish. Now, for anyone who has never fixed spaghetti squash PLEASE HEAR ME WHEN I SAY THIS microwave your squash after you have poked holes in it with a sharp knife all around... DO NOT try to cut if in half and bake it unless you want to lose a hand or routinely use a table saw! Now, after poking your holes place your spaghetti squash in a microwave safe dish ( I use an old Thai takeout container) cook it for around 12-14 minutes. Let it sit for around 5 minutes unless you want burn the crap outta your hand.. Once cooled slice it in two length wise. Scoop out the seeds, pick up one side and start forking the squash out...it will come out like noodles that have been cut. While you have been cooking your squash you will have made a marinara ( jarred sauce with your choice meat) I use ground turkey, or turkey meatballs ( cooked all day in the spaghetti sauce in MY CROCK-POT) or my family loves Italian sausage in this too. Now plate the "faux spaghetti" and cover in sauce or mix all together and cover in low fat cheese and broil in the oven until cheese is melted and crispy. Per cup spaghetti squash is 31 calories....and only has 7 carbs ENJOY!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm Jayne, 38 (39 in Feb) single, no kids, mostly recovered from an ED, I lift heavy 4 times a week and do high intensity cardio classes 5-6 times a week. I am addicted to exercise and am in the best shape of my life
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenn =) I'm 35, 36 in Feb. I have four kids, my youngest is 4 months old, my daughters are 10.5 months apart. So, I was pregnant for two years! I have HG when pregnant, I went from 158 in 2013 to 121 when I left the hospital with the 4th this year. My kidneys began to fail, I had a picc line and a feeding tube, some days I would vomit 30 times and stop counting. The second the baby is out, the nausea is gone. It was pretty easy to put my weight back on because I could eat food again. I feel like I"ve been on life support all this time. Now my problem is that I'm soft, I have been laying in bed. I'm weak. I used to be a runner and lift heavy and I'm very frustrated at how much strength and stamina I've lost. I can't figure out my macros but I think my success will greatly depend on figuring them out. Right now I"m doing stronglift 5x5 because I'm eager to increase strength and I do something different for cardio every day..........
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm Nina, 39 years old and living in sunny Spain! No kids and unfortunately no dogs, but a wonderful boyfriend whose cooking made me gain all the weight back that I lost over the past few years. I tend to gain weight very quickly but lose it veeeeryyy slowly.

My cardio is taking long fast walks along the beach almost every day, plus some strength training. Right now I'm trying Zumba but so far I can't get my uncoordinated limbs aligned long enough to make it through the moves, lol!
  • dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    oORosadaOo wrote: »
    I'm Nina, 39 years old and living in sunny Spain! No kids and unfortunately no dogs, but a wonderful boyfriend whose cooking made me gain all the weight back that I lost over the past few years. I tend to gain weight very quickly but lose it veeeeryyy slowly.

My cardio is taking long fast walks along the beach almost every day, plus some strength training. Right now I'm trying Zumba but so far I can't get my uncoordinated limbs aligned long enough to make it through the moves, lol!

Are you in Barcelona? I have family that lives there.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello Ladies. Thank you for the invite to join this group. My name is Maliaka (sounds like Muh-lake-a lol), I'm a 39 y/o single mother to a daughter who turns 15 next month & a son who is 10...and can't forget our sweet Yorkie Max. Restarted my lifestyle journey of better nutrition & consistent exercise Aug 4th. Lost 50 lbs when I first joined MFP back in 2011. Fell hard off the wagon after a sciatic nerve injury last year and gained more than 30 lbs back. So here I am again! I work in advertising & am currently praying for a career change so I can put my bachelors degree in Marketing to better use and see my career continue to grow. I live in CA.
  • yunvmsbutter
    yunvmsbutter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Sellena and I am 39 and will be 40 this March. I work from home and I am currently separated from my husband an a mom of 3 ages are 21, 19 and 9. I have a min of 40lbs to lose. I want to lose it before I turn 40 and would like to be able to get back into a bathing suit and feel good about it by next summer. I weigh 190 my goal weight is around 150 I don't want to be to thin I love my curves.

I have just joined a Gym and a boxing club as well as a personal training studio I am working out twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening for and 1 hour at a time. I am trying my hardest to eat clean an stay focused with what I want.

I have find it really hard to put myself first in the past but I am determined to do that now I do not want to let myself sit on that couch and let another year pass by being unhappy with my weight.

I am taking it one day at a time but when I say I want to be in shape I mean in fitness competition shape. That is one of my all time goals I have all this knowledge in my head but I have noticed over the years that I have lacked the focus and determination it took to change myself.

My 30's were not the best but I am determined to make my 40's the best time of my life. I don't have many friends on this journey as I am in a new state and don't know many people so please feel free to send me a friend request because I could use the encouragement and don't mind supporting others in the journey as well.
  • karona313
    karona313 Posts: 37
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hello all! Thank you for starting this group. First and foremost please feel free to add me :smile: I am a professional dieter and would like to stop dieting and just maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight. I was a chubby child, I wouldn't say obese, and then really thinned out in high school. I was thin and active and pretty content without exerting much effort until I was about 25. when that year hit, I had gained so much weight from my poor lifestyle choices. I gained 70lbs minimum over the course of 5-6 years I struggled off and on for years and then went on a radical diet after my second child was born. When I was pregnant with her I gained 70 lbs!! I lost 60 lbs in 5 months and of course it shot my metabolism and the weight creeped back on and now I'm at my heaviest without being pregnant EVER. I'm disheartened, but committed. I have changed my bad habits to not so bad. They aren't perfect, but I'm moving in the right direction habit wise and now need to lose 71 lbs. I know I can do it and its a journey. I'm glad to meet you all on yours as well. Thank you!!!
  • pjorge2
    pjorge2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Paola. I am a mother of a 5 year old with a lot of energy. I just turned 37 but am looking forward to finally losing that fat I gained after the birth of my son. I am determined to lose weight... Tone up and look great when I reach 40. I am looking forward to meeting people who inspire and have similar goals to mine so we can motivate each other. I look forward to meeting you!
  • cherimckim
    cherimckim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Cheri. I'm a SAHM (of three) and wife (for now, that is) and I LOVE to work out with weights and run. I struggled with an ED throughout my twenties, but one day decided to leave that behind, so I did. I became a happy, healthy wife and mom-but could not seem to be able to get to my goal weight without getting back into ED territory. I think I have unlocked the mystery of losing weight for myself and I believe I will get there soon! I'm about 15-20 pounds away, and I feel I'm on a great path. I'm happier and feel better at almost 40 than I ever have, and I'm looking forward to looking and feeling my very BEST!
  • PRguez
    PRguez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am PR and I am 38 and I wanted to get super fit and in shape for before my 40th birthday.
    I am tired of starting and starting again. I do well for a while and then i get a 'disturbance' and i loose the track again...
    This time it has been my longest 'good performance' and i want to keep it.
    :smiley: having the big 40 so close and working with 20 something people makes me perceive the 40 a the BIG FOUR-ZERO, scary?... hmmm nope, but i want to be my possible best :smiley: Let's the show begin!!!!!!!