Costumes Costumes Costumes

Options
SilverLotusGirl
SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
So, can't have a Hot for Halloween group without a thread about costumes. Costume ideas, help with ideas, help with costumes, all of it. So, who's going as what?

I'm tossing everything from Cleopatra, a diesel punk chick, to evil ballerina or something sorta based on Game of Thrones.

Replies

• missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going as Diana, Goddess of the Hunt. Little deerskin dress, flower wreath on head, golden bow and arrow :)

I don't need to lose 40 lbs at this point, only about 25. But I'm trying to build up muscle too :)

I actually thought about going as Daenerys Targaryen but I couldn't pull off the blonde hair. lol.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I posted in the other forum but I am defiantly going for little mermaid, and then another group of friends want to go as our favorite brtiney spears lol so I want to do the slave for you britney

ariel-little-mermaid-costume-fork-comic-con.jpg

orig-12350721.jpg
  • SilverLotusGirl
    Options
    I'm planning on going as Diana, Goddess of the Hunt. Little deerskin dress, flower wreath on head, golden bow and arrow :)

I don't need to lose 40 lbs at this point, only about 25. But I'm trying to build up muscle too :)

I actually thought about going as Daenerys Targaryen but I couldn't pull off the blonde hair. lol.

Awesome, I was almost Artemis one year but I don't know where I'd get a bow and arrow since I'm not an archer. I hope we can get a pic thread going too closer to Halloween. If I do a Game of Thrones, I'm not sure who or what I'd do as there aren't very many black characters on the show and as of right now, we haven't seen much of anyone from the Summer Isles but I figured sort of a take on Dany's nomad look could work but that's thinking way too much.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    Options
    I posted in the other forum but I am defiantly going for little mermaid, and then another group of friends want to go as our favorite brtiney spears lol so I want to do the slave for you britney

I saw the Ariel, it looks fun. I hope you do okay in the skirt, looks like it'd be hard to walk in. For the Britney look, will you have the snake too?
  • wpbmommy1
    wpbmommy1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Halloween!

Here are some of the ones I'm considering this year and in future years:

Calpyso from Pirates of the Caribbean
    Zafrina from Twilight
    Foxy Brown
    Catwoman (Halle Berry)
    Lulu from Final Fantasy
    Edward Scissorhands (the girl version is so cute)
    Batgirl

In my dreams, I would be Akasha, the vampire from Queen of the Damned but that is not happening by this year!

In 2011 I was Storm from X-men (I hope this works...)
    Storm.jpg
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a specific name/theme for my outfit, I just did lots of looking around at stuff I liked and when I found the shoes I came up with the outfit, it's I guess a mix of steampunk, masquerade, superhero, something like that!!

98902_27May13_halloween_outfit.jpg

(Hope that works, first time posting a piccie!)

So, turquoise flatform plimsolls with black lace legwarmers, turquoise stretch satin bloomers with black tulle/lace bustle tie skirt, turquoise stretch satin top, black jersey faux corset/waspie, and black jersey/lace bolero cardigan. And up top a black mask, and I hate wigs so figure I'll probably cut my hair before then and just get some clip-in highlights or something (spray colour would be cool but my hair is so dark they don't tend to work on it). Hoping to make all of my outfit, except the plimsolls and highlights, oh and the bolero top which I already made a few years ago, albeit I'll need to resize it quite a bit by then!!

I'm very excited about Halloween already, can you tell??
  • wpbmommy1
    Options
    @FruityLoops I love your idea/costume! The bloomers are adorable. I also love the fact that I just learned a word I had never heard (read) of before: plimsoll. I hope everyone posts pics of their costumes in October!!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey! Love the Ariel costume! :) I kinda want to be Storm if I lose enough weight...but in the white outfit that she wears either with a white skirt or pants,white hose,white boots, with maybe a white leotard or corset with cape and gloves..add some gold trim around waist and cape and wrists /neck,then of course the wig lol we will see...lol or black if I'm too pudgy lol
  • wpbmommy1
    Options
    @RedRita32 Oh I hear you loud and clear with the white outfit. It was my first choice and omg, I am so glad I didn't do that to myself! which is EXACTLY why I chose the black one. Trying to stuff an apple into a piece of celery does not work.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    Options
    You guys are so creative! I can't wait to see how we all look in our costumes. If my barre workouts work for me, I'd like to do something with a black tank top, a tutu skirt, maybe some black patterned tights, leg warmers, and black chucks. If I'm still too heavy to go as as a ballerina I'll probably play with the diesel punk/rosie the riveter type look.
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Nice! Love that myth
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going as an 80's rockstar. Lee Aaron maybe, although she wasn't that over the top for the times.
  • Evoken
    Evoken Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a specific name/theme for my outfit, I just did lots of looking around at stuff I liked and when I found the shoes I came up with the outfit, it's I guess a mix of steampunk, masquerade, superhero, something like that!!

98902_27May13_halloween_outfit.jpg

(Hope that works, first time posting a piccie!)

So, turquoise flatform plimsolls with black lace legwarmers, turquoise stretch satin bloomers with black tulle/lace bustle tie skirt, turquoise stretch satin top, black jersey faux corset/waspie, and black jersey/lace bolero cardigan. And up top a black mask, and I hate wigs so figure I'll probably cut my hair before then and just get some clip-in highlights or something (spray colour would be cool but my hair is so dark they don't tend to work on it). Hoping to make all of my outfit, except the plimsolls and highlights, oh and the bolero top which I already made a few years ago, albeit I'll need to resize it quite a bit by then!!

I'm very excited about Halloween already, can you tell??

This is some Crazy awesome Idea... Love it.. Might steal it too :tongue: . Just Kidding.
    I want to be a Hot Fairy!!!!!! :love:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I saw the Ariel, it looks fun. I hope you do okay in the skirt, looks like it'd be hard to walk in. For the Britney look, will you have the snake too?
    [/quote]

Yeah I will probably do a pencil skirt type thing for the ariel costume. And a live snake no lol but I am in theater so I am sure I can find some spare materials and craft the snake! Not the same with it lol
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @FruityLoops I love your idea/costume! The bloomers are adorable. I also love the fact that I just learned a word I had never heard (read) of before: plimsoll. I hope everyone posts pics of their costumes in October!!

Thanks so much!! Lol, they also call them "daps" over here, am I right in thinking they're called "chucks" in the US?
    This is some Crazy awesome Idea... Love it.. Might steal it too :tongue: . Just Kidding.
    I want to be a Hot Fairy!!!!!! :love:

Thanx Evoken! I hope it turns out as crazy awesome as it is in my head, I can't wait to start making it! :wink: I like the idea of a hot fairy, my friend went as a scary fairy last year, lol.
  • wpbmommy1
    Options
    Thanks so much!! Lol, they also call them "daps" over here, am I right in thinking they're called "chucks" in the US?

Yep they call them chucks here! I have a black pair with sparkles that are my favorite pair!