NSV!

Options
jrnguyen
jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
I was wearing jeans at work today (jeans I haven't worn in about 5 years!) and I noticed my shoe was untied. I stared at it for a long time, dreading having to bend down to tie it. Jeans and bending down have not been a good combo for me. It typically involves holding my breath and praying I can finish before I pass out!

I finally decided it was time... I took a few deep breaths and went for it. Turns out, I didn't need to fret! I squatted all the way to the floor, tied my shoe, then proceeded to have a conversation with a co-worker while still down there!

It sure is the little things that push you on each day!

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Justplainawesome!!! How cool!!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Love those wonderful NSV's!
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I had forgotten how I used to hold my breath to do the same thing. Thanks for sharing!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's amazing the little things we all got so used to not being able to do that now, with our weight loss, we are able to do! I have to keep reminding my family that I can do a whole lot more than I used to be able to and that I'm no longer camera shy! :D
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Got tickled reading this. It brought back memories. I avoided jeans and shoes with shoe strings for years, so I understand.
  • dittybug2001
    Options
    great story. Congrats on getting into those jeans
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, what a great feeling! Thanks for sharing!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It's amazing that we had fears of little things like tying our shoe laces, isn't it? It must have felt great to scratch that one off your list! Good job getting into those jeans!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I remember that moment well!!!! I was so excited i shared it at WLS support group! Have you sat crosslegged on the floor yet??!! The floor is freaking hard but your legs don't immediately go numb!! All surfaces are hard now with no *kitten* to speak of. I do recommend the sharper image seat cushion at sams club
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congrats!!!