Eating out - Indian

clarey265
clarey265 Posts: 7 Member
So I have to go out tomorrow night for a thank you dinner from some friends that I helped out this year, it is to an Indian restaurant, what shall I eat?

Chicken Tikka or Chicken Shashlick or does anyone else suggest anything else from experience? I will avoid the nan obviously but is there anything else that I can have? It is really frustrating as I am only on day 2 of recording my food and I have paid out for 6 weeks with a personal trainer 3 times per week which starts tomorrow so I don't want to make the wrong choices.

I have around 20lbs to lose and I also have a weeks beach holiday at the end of November which I would like to see some small improvements in my figure for. Anyone that wants to be friends then please add me as I need any motivation!

Replies

• _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    I'd give anything made with cream a miss - that may exclude your tikka masala though. Naan bread's a bit calorie heavy too (although I do love a peshwari!). You could go for a walk in your lunch hour or think of some other ways to bring down the impact of a night out.

We all have a night off once in a while so don't worry too much and don't let it stop you enjoying the evening.

The PT will certainly help you burn the curry off though!!
  • nick1109
    nick1109 Posts: 174 Member
    Go nuts, eat as you wish. Fast for 16-24 hours before the meal and might fit your daily calories anyway. If its the only cheat meal in a while it will do no harm
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    I go for the shashlick as I find the onions and peppers give a bit of moistness that is sometimes missing from the chicken tikka

Other than that the healthier options are the tomato based ones. I use the term healthier loosely given that the gravy is made with ghee in all of them but at least there tends to be no cream added.

Enjoy