I have a hand blister???

Options
LazyFoodie
LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I think I got a blister on my palm today right below the ring finger. The spot looks white on top, very raised, and hurts when I touch it. and Under all the other fingers, I just have a spot that's a little red and a little raised like they are forming callouses. I didn't know you could I do have kind of fatty hands so there is a lot of meat get squeezed. Can I do anything to prevent this?

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You will build callouses. They will soften over time. Then you will rebuild more on top of the old ones. Just make sure you don't tear up the blisters because that takes a while to heal and is a b*** to deal with.

You can't prevent them 100% but you can avoid the blisters by making sure you grip the bar as close to the fingers as possible so as to not squeeze the "meat" of your fingers. Hydrating your hands with some lotion can help a bit, too. All in all though you just have to get used to it and let your hands thoughen up :/
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Oohh yeah. They'll turn into calluses eventually, like kroc said. They won't hurt anymore unless your hands are sweaty and the bar slips and pulls the top layer of skin off. :D Chalk can help with that.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have callouses too. It just comes with the territory. Your hands will toughen up, but the process can be painful (callouses get torn, etc). I would also echo what krok said to get a good grip on the bar, and try not to pinch the fleshier parts of your fingers.

• LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try to notice my grip/pinching areas more. I didn't feel anything until I was showering afterwards. My co-worker said I can tell my boss I got it typing :D And sorry for my hard to read posts, I just re-read my original post and could barely understand it. Sometimes I wonder if I am dyslexic.