Just Ask!!

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
[code="blue"] I am still a work in progress with the whole no gluten thing. My list goes on to include tomatoes and nitrates as well as a few other things.

Well I checked into a decent hotel on the beach. I was ordering breakfast trying to figure out what I can eat on their menu, which had combined choices. So I mentioned out loud it was hard to be gluten free. The gentleman says "Oh we have all kinds of GF items. No problem" I never thought to ask :blush:

SO ASK!! They may say no, but they very well can say yes and make your day with a yogurt parfait with GF granola, a GF bagel and cream cheese and a muffin (as well as fruit and coffee yum yum)

Replies

• Jewels77777
    Options
    :)
  • Healingnutritionsolutions
    Options
    I found the same thing at a hotel in Chicago - I was there for a conference and spent all day avoiding buffets and nibbling in my gf snacks - when we got back late that night i simply asked to speak to the chef for room service and they helped me out - I had a wonderful gluten free pasta dish and way too much of it because it was so good!
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have had mixed success with asking. Some places are great and even have modified their menu items on the spot to be GF. Others made me feel like I was absolutely ruining their day by askongt about what is and isn't GF. I found I love the places that actually mark their menu with GF symbols or have a separate menu ready for GF eaters. The rest are quite difficult to figure out what is okay and what isn't. I found MANY places hide flour on their grilled or sauteed chicken- its how it gets a little crispy. But they don't mention that in their menu.
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Some places are wonderful and knowledgeable, others it's buyer beware.
  • angierosso
    angierosso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes just ask because many times they even have a different menu that is GF.
  • dpkolanda
    dpkolanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just starting out on gluten free diet. Have been pretty sick for past couple of months and been experimenting with going GF and not, its seems that GF is the winner. The timme I was on GF diet I felt better.Any help would be appreciated.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @dpkolanda you are welcome to friend... you might want to look thru the regular GF threads under this group heading as there are many areas of interest. Just remember you can't be half hearted about going GF, as that's no better for your body than eating whatever. ;)