My first run today!!

Options
Thaeda
Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
SO excited!!! I went running for the first time in a loonnggggg time today. I am so happy!! The only negative was I forgot my socks (I realized it when I got changed at work), so I kind of lost some skin on the back of my heels (just a little, though). I did not feel it til I was done. I only ran for a little bit--- 12-15 mins--- trying to be mindful of the Achilles issues and my tweaky right knee and hip. I could not believe how EASY it was. I always remember running being so HARD--- plodding along, feeling so heavy--- tonight I felt like I was just gliding.... it was WONDERFUL!!! Of course, I weigh less than I have in about 22 years, too!!

Replies

• homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling, and great way to start your day! And- when it feels good, your more likely to keep doing it so hopfully it's the start of a very fullfilling routine.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I actually can think of stuff while I am jogging and completely forget that I am jogging. it is that easy now
  • Thaeda
    Options
    What a great feeling, and great way to start your day! And- when it feels good, your more likely to keep doing it so hopfully it's the start of a very fullfilling routine.

Yup! Planning on trying it again tomorrow! Gonna start slow, though-- I do not want another injury!
    I actually can think of stuff while I am jogging and completely forget that I am jogging. it is that easy now

It was SO weird!! I used to run several years ago, but I was 20-30 pounds heavier then and wow, what a difference! Love it, though!!

• goodlife1206
    goodlife1206 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Running is one of my goals after I have lost some weight. I have several friends who regularly run and I am short of breath when walking hard. My friends are much smaller and it looks so effortless. I think I would feel such accomplishment if I can work into running.
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Running is one of my goals after I have lost some weight. I have several friends who regularly run and I am short of breath when walking hard. My friends are much smaller and it looks so effortless. I think I would feel such accomplishment if I can work into running.

Yeah-- well ease into it. After surgery I went gung ho into exercise and ended up sidelined with an injury. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Awesome my friend! So proud of you!!
    26197638.png
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Thaeda
    Options