2 Week Pre-Surgery Liquid Fast Starts on Wednesday, October 29, 2014. HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    once that caffeine headache goes away, you're going to feel like a million dollars. Way more energetic, too. Even without the surgery. So hang in there. You're doing great.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement everyone. I have survived day 5 and still have one shake to go. The wicked headache has finally stopped today. I picked up some extra strength Tylenol just in case in comes back plus it's good to have for the healing phase after the surgery. I can't thank you all enough for cheering me on. Have a great day everyone. :)
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hang in there you are doing great! It is nice to get your reports so I can see what the experience is like before I do it. My doctor has you do a liquid diet for 2 weeks but it is a bit different. I've started today doing a modified version of it and ditched the caffeine now. Good luck with your surgery :smiley:
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, some day you will look back and this struggle will be a distant memory.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to leave some love and support! My husband is 3 years post-op RNY gastric by-pass as of last month. I know it's never an easy decision or anyone's first decision to have WLS. It is absolutely life changing. There will be days that you will think what have I done? And may even doubt your decision. Hang in there and keep going! You've got so much support here, and offline, keep those around who will support you and lift you higher- be it friends, family and loved ones, or your peers from a local bariatric surgery support group. To this day, Chris and I still go to support group. They stress the importance of support people (I've been his number one supporter from day one). Your support person may be online (here) or you might have many offline as well! They help a lot to keep your morale and spirits up, and remind you that you can do this!

Best of luck to you, and all who are taking this journey to a new life, and health! It won't be the easiest thing you've ever done by a long shot, but it will be worth everything you've gone through. Many blessings! <3