Newbie Help

Options
jrdeal
jrdeal Posts: 17 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
This is day 2 with my fitbit and I need a little help!

1. When I double tap (no matter how many steps I have), the lights twirl from one side to the other and then all 5 light flash. Am I doing something wrong? How can I tell progress?
2. Is there a spot on fitbit help that gives you a list of taps and what they do?

The fitbit app is working fine and I can always pull up the info with my phone or ipad but I want to play with my new toy on my wrist

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1. You may need to check your step setting and make sure that you have it set up to track steps. You can adjust how many too.
    2. I found a couple of articles when I googled "FitBit taps" that were pretty helpful.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you need the manual on the Fitbit site to look at?

Since you don't actually mention which device, because there are several Fitbit models - you'll need to go look yourself.

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US
  • jrdeal
    jrdeal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful info, everyone.

I found a friend who had one and could actually look at my fitbit flex and look at the app with me. We determined that my fitbit flex is defective (only in this one thing - everything else seems to work fine). I called amazon and they are sending me a new one today. I did find a listing of what the taps do by googling "fitbit taps" - not sure why that didn't occur to me.

I love having the fitbit tracking all my stats. It makes me more aware of what I'm doing and what I'm eating as it relates to my goal of losing weight.