Well I did it

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
No, nothing spectacular...

I cut my hair. It only took a year and a half and two and a half months since I said I would first do it.....

It only took having someone cut it off with scissors to force me to it.

Replies

• tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    LOL. Well at least it got done. Well done, I know that was hard for you but I bet it looks a lot better and feels a lot better. x
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So, did you weigh before and after you cut your hair! I bet it weighed more than you realized. Do you feel better having done it, or like you're Samson, missing your strength and your motivation?
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Yay! I bet you look totally different. Can you see the weight loss in your face more now?
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pat.. I would really love to see what you look like but I know you are shy! I am getting mine cut tomorrow and my plan now is to have it cut consistently. I think one of the symptoms of being unhappy with my weight has been lack of consistent self care and regular cuts is one of those.

I was seething earlier, I showed my husband the haircut I was thinking of getting and he said.. that's a nice cut, but you aren't going to get up and mess with it with mousse and a blow dryer and all that. I am upset at just what low esteem he seems to hold me in.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Way to go Pat!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Julie, I don't think that your husband meant that they way you took it. I think he is concerned that you won't like the cut consistently if you have to work at making it look good every morning. I'm a lazy hair person. I know it, my guy knows it, etc. So if I told him I was going for some uber-high maintenance cut that he KNEW was going to take way longer to do daily that I would ever put it, I would count on him to remind me, because then no, I wouldn't be happy with it. I think he was trying to remind you that the best of intentions won't change who you have been. I personally would recommend something that you can do up gorgeous if you want to, but that will look fairly spiffy wash'n'wear, too... I think he was concerned about your ongoing happiness, not that he thinks you wouldn't deserve to have a fab hairdo that involved more work!