Experiences with Low Testosterone

Options
Hi, ladies! I recently underwent a full hormone profile (as a result of a number of symptoms--irregular & painful periods, hot flashes/night sweats [at 28 years old], chronic insomnia, difficulty maintaining weight/gaining muscle, etc) and learned that my body produces almost no testosterone--my number was below the detectable level. A number of other hormones were way out of line, and I'll be working with my osteopath (and potentially an endocrinologist) to try to move toward a more optimum level.

My doctor has suggested DHEA (25mg/day) as an initial strategy. Has anyone here had experience with diagnosed low testosterone and/or supplementing with DHEA?

I'm relieved, in a way, to finally understand the symptoms I've experienced. The doctor indicated this is likely the reason my current TDEE/maintenance level is so low & also the reason why, after two years of lifting heavy, I still see little appreciable muscle gain, even when I've spent extended periods in a caloric surplus. I've also felt my lifts don't always progress as they should, despite consistent, dedicated training and appropriate nutrition. (My brother, who is a competitive powerlifter, has watched me eat and train over the past two years, and he agrees--things don't add up.)

Any thoughts or experiences in this regard are appreciated!